João Félix

i just want someone with goals in them.. our goals are evidently down from years back. i would prefer a goalscorer.
My guess is , if we are interested its as a replacement for Torres and possibly Sterling and is separate to our striker target. Not to say he couldn’t play as a false 9 too when required.
It’s really how I saw Torres developing with us playing alongside a striker sometimes and alone as a false 9 sometimes.

My guess is , if we are interested its as a replacement for Torres and possibly Sterling and is separate to our striker target. Not to say he couldn’t play as a false 9 too when required.
It’s really how I saw Torres developing with us playing alongside a striker sometimes and alone as a false 9 sometimes.
hmm. i don't really see us buying 2 expensive forwards in the same window. i know people love the false 9 system, it's evidently serving us very well. but deep down I still think this team would be a level above with a traditional 9.
How often did we talk about Kun not being a pep striker, how pep wanted to get rid of him, etc etc. eventually if you ask me he played maybe his best football in a city shirt for pep.

hmm. i don't really see us buying 2 expensive forwards in the same window. i know people love the false 9 system, it's evidently serving us very well. but deep down I still think this team would be a level above with a traditional 9.
How often did we talk about Kun not being a pep striker, how pep wanted to get rid of him, etc etc. eventually if you ask me he played maybe his best football in a city shirt for pep.
The way I see we had about £100 mill plus wages set aside for Kane, that money is still earmarked for a striker.
The Sterling and Torres situations mean we could bring in about £100 mill, I think one player could replace both especially with the emergence of Palmer especially if we also bring a striker in, so I have no idea whether Felix is that player but I think we would have the budget for it whether him or somebody else, of course we could end up just keeping Sterlimg or Torres or both.

I’m sorry but he’s been in Spain for 2.5 years and has scored 14 goals. We need a striker. We can talk about systems and Simeone not using him correctly, but we need guarantees up front, especially for the 100+mil it’d take to get him.

Haaland, Mbappe, Vlahovic, even Kane is more of a certainty, and probably cheaper at that. I don’t think he’s an upgrade on Torres, and we’re apparently letting him go for 40mil.

Last edited:
I'll always trust and have faith in Pep's judgement, but I really hope this isn't at the expense of Haaland. I know stats aren't the best barometer but I've just checked Felix's and they are very underwhelming; even making allowances for him playing in an ultra-defensive team.

I’m sorry but he’s been in Spain for 2.5 years and has scored 14 goals. We need a striker. We can talk about systems and Simeone not using him correctly, but we need guarantees up front, especially for the 100+mil it’d take to get him.

Haaland, Mbappe, Vlahovic, even Kane is more of a certainty, and probably cheaper at that. I don’t think he’s an upgrade on Torres, and we’re apparently letting him go for 40mil.

He shouldn't cost 100m. His true market worth, given his time in Spain, is closer to 60-70m. It's a tough one, his numbers aren't great but we've seen players' number shoot up at City. He's intelligent enough to adapt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.