João Félix

Atletico Madrid paid more than £110m (pounds not euros) for him he isn't leaving for any less for someone who isn't the finished article and at that price he should at least be making waves, he isn't and if he was near the ceiling of his potential or showing that promise regularly that'd be good value long-term but there's no guarantees he'll ever reach his potential, which is possibly right up there with the best and there's also no guarantee that he'll be a prolific goalscorer either, we're sorted for creative players we shouldn't be offering nowhere near the price it'd take for them to accept and they shouldn't have offered any more than £55m themselves, they inflated his price and will pay when they lose him someday, even if he becomes truly world class they won't make much if anything at all.

Last edited:
Not necessarily about Simeone, Felix was a huge investment by Atletico and they'd be remiss to not give him every opportunity to succeed. They know if they do decide to sell they'll have to accept a huge loss.

Offset by getting Griezman back for 80 million euros less than they sold him for.

If we are losing Torres it would make more sense to me to make this move than the De Jong one.

Not to me. At least not immediately.

With view that Sterling and Mahrez thereafter are leaving, yes I agree.

Before that, I don't see a place for him. We are stacked with attacking midfielders. Torres plays in front of them. I doubt felix would or could

FDJ doesn't stop a striker coming in, and also gets time to bed in without huge pressure. Felix coming in, makes it a bit crowded.

I rate the lad however, so lets see. Would rather have a finisher then yet another low scoring creator.

The way I see we had about £100 mill plus wages set aside for Kane, that money is still earmarked for a striker.
The Sterling and Torres situations mean we could bring in about £100 mill, I think one player could replace both especially with the emergence of Palmer especially if we also bring a striker in, so I have no idea whether Felix is that player but I think we would have the budget for it whether him or somebody else, of course we could end up just keeping Sterlimg or Torres or both.

I see you have effectively responded to my take on it above in your other posts. Fair enough, I see the logic on that

As much as I want this happen, I don't see it happening, now that we've already signed Grealish.

we just dont need felix? we need a Haaland, Kane type proper striker?
I don't think he'd come as a striker primarily. Would be a solid versatile option if sterling goes mind. He'd play false nine in our system better than anyony we currently have....given time. Atletico was totally the wrong move for him.

He’s been playing the second half against Real Madrid, is anyone else watching? He’s trying hard but nothing so far

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.