João Félix

100% correct. Definitely a fine footballer their waiting to be unleashed. His agent fucked up massively with the move to Atletico Madrid, Who in their right mind thought Simeone was the man to progress this kids career! The worst part is that moves like that and the damage it probably caused Felix will stick with him for his career, His confidence is shattered along with going backwards and not possessing because of the managers style of play.
Terrible waste.

Let's hope it's not City who decide to play the Red Cross.

100% correct. Definitely a fine footballer their waiting to be unleashed. His agent fucked up massively with the move to Atletico Madrid, Who in their right mind thought Simeone was the man to progress this kids career! The worst part is that moves like that and the damage it probably caused Felix will stick with him for his career, His confidence is shattered along with going backwards and not possessing because of the managers style of play.
Was it really such a bad idea? Felix arrived when a player very similar to him, Griezmann, was leaving for Barcelona. Griezmann became world class under Simeone, like I said in a previous post, Ballon D’Or/FIFA The Best nominations and all; I think Felix and his agents were mirroring the French player with this move. It just hasn’t clicked yet.

This guy linked with a move away from atletico again today with simeone qouted as not ruling out a move. Seems such an obvious torres replacement to me.

Last edited:
This guy linked with a move away from atletico again today with simeone qouted as not ruling out a move in January. Seems such an obvious torres replacement to me.
Can definitely see us going for him as a Torres replacement in January if the price is right. Atletico bought him for 108M and he signed a 7 year deal in 2019. Should with other words have around 70M remaining in value in Atleticos books today. Doesn't sound impossible if they are willing to let him go. If you add in the fact that he was bough as a Griezmann replacement, and that he is now back at the club, I would think Atletico would be willing to let him go if someone offers something around his book value. Simply doesn't fit Simeones style of football, and if they want to recoup any major part of that huge fee they paid for him, the time to sell him is now or in the summer. His value drops every day at the moment.

20-30M to upgrade Torres to Felix is a deal I would take any day. Assuming our main focus this summer is Haaland, this is the kind of Torres replacement we should go for. Can play as a false 9 or on either wing, so would be able to play both with (on the wing) and instead of Haaland (if injuried or rested) if we get him this summer. Makes a lot more sense than someone like Vlahovic.

Can definitely see us going for him as a Torres replacement in January if the price is right. Atletico bought him for 108M and he signed a 7 year deal in 2019. Should with other words have around 70M remaining in value in Atleticos books today. Doesn't sound impossible if they are willing to let him go. If you add in the fact that he was bough as a Griezmann replacement, and that he is now back at the club, I would think Atletico would be willing to let him go if someone offers something around his book value. Simply doesn't fit Simeones style of football, and if they want to recoup any major part of that huge fee they paid for him, the time to sell him is now or in the summer. His value drops every day at the moment.

20-30M to upgrade Torres to Felix is a deal I would take any day. Assuming our main focus this summer is Haaland, this is the kind of Torres replacement we should go for. Can play as a false 9 or on either wing, so would be able to play both with (on the wing) and instead of Haaland (if injuried or rested) if we get him this summer. Makes a lot more sense than someone like Vlahovic.
Felix for the versatility buy! He plays a number of positions and is young enough for pep to mould him further.

Felix - 14 goals in 65 appearances for Athetico
Vlahovic - 42 goals in 94 appearances for Fiorentina

We have lots of players that can play as false 9 or winger.
We have no players who can play reliably as a goal scoring centre forward.

How would signing Felix make a lot more sense than signing Vlahovic?

I just do not understand why Felix is so highly rated - he cannot nail down a starting spot for his club or country so I cannot see how he can be good enough for City.

Felix - 14 goals in 65 appearances for Athetico
Vlahovic - 42 goals in 94 appearances for Fiorentina

We have lots of players that can play as false 9 or winger.
We have no players who can play reliably as a goal scoring centre forward.

How would signing Felix make a lot more sense than signing Vlahovic?

I just do not understand why Felix is so highly rated - he cannot nail down a starting spot for his club or country so I cannot see how he can be good enough for City.
Nobody is saying we shouldn't buy a proper striker still. I'd like us to go back to having 2 proper CF come next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.