João Félix

While a great talent, lately I've been thinking, wow we got a great squad, would be a great time to slowly get in youth as backup options and see if they can take it further (like Palmer).

So I'd be okay with no additions with Jesus and Sterling leaving.

Give palmer some back up minutes, let's see if he takes the season in stride like foden did to become a regular.

Then next year let's see if Borges and Mebude can take that step (or insert any player as a backup player). The squad is big enough that we can do this and perhaps reap HUGE rewards like we did with Foden and probably Palmer soon.

While a great talent, lately I've been thinking, wow we got a great squad, would be a great time to slowly get in youth as backup options and see if they can take it further (like Palmer).

So I'd be okay with no additions with Jesus and Sterling leaving.

Give palmer some back up minutes, let's see if he takes the season in stride like foden did to become a regular.

Then next year let's see if Borges and Mebude can take that step (or insert any player as a backup player). The squad is big enough that we can do this and perhaps reap HUGE rewards like we did with Foden and probably Palmer soon.
If we produce 2-3 anywhere near fodens level, we save circa 150m minimum, the problem is how rare this happens in football, especially a player with the talent of Phil, if we get another I’ll be ecstatic, as a player of that ilk, in the modern game is priceless!

Rubbish! Mendy was poor before the injury. Name a match where he was stand out performer? Bravo?! One shot one goal did “alright” hahaha

Not to defend Mendy in anyway, but didn’t he suffer his first serious injury in the Autumn of his first season?

Last edited:
If we produce 2-3 anywhere near fodens level, we save circa 150m minimum, the problem is how rare this happens in football, especially a player with the talent of Phil, if we get another I’ll be ecstatic, as a player of that ilk, in the modern game is priceless!
I would say 3 Foden level talents save us 300m but yeah I agree.

I also don't think a player needs to be a Foden level talent, even "just" below that is good enough to integrate (McAtee and Palmer for example fall in this bracket).

Yes it`s rare but Cole Palmer who if he stays fit, healthy and grounded is IMO a real star of the future as good as Phil if not better. I know how big a statement that is but this is what I believe.

It’s been reported by the Athletic that City’s leadership think Palmer can be better than Ferran Torres. I’m sure getting him some quality minutes this season is part of the plan; especially if both Jesus and Sterling leave.

With both Jesus and Sterling likely moving on, this looks more than a mere speculation. I was looking forward to the prospect of Sterling on the right and Haaland in the middle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.