Jo: who's a fan?

Good enough to be a squad player. For those saying get rid, which top strikers do you think are going to be happy to spend a large part of the season sat on the bench for us?

sweep said:
Good enough to be a squad player. For those saying get rid, which top strikers do you think are going to be happy to spend a large part of the season sat on the bench for us?

Yeah, I agree. A lot of it is down to his manner - he just looks gormless, more or less the biggest sin possible in English football.

He's not the next big thing but there's definitely room for him to contribute to us in the same way the likes of Bendtner, Kalou, Sturridge, Macheda etc do for the other twats.

He did have a good record in Russia and was called up at a young age to play for Brazil, he's hardly devoid of talent. In the right environment, with the right coaching and the right incentives, he might contribute something.

It's a very damaging attitude simply to say that we've got tons of money so we don't need to get the most out of our past investments. I could never agree with that approach. Time for the coach to earn his (substantial) money.

errr hes not good enough and should be shipped out along with rsc and ade,and get dzecko simple as that. to be honest id even have crouch compared to the three we have , they are not good enough

dick slexia said:
Me; anyone who wants to stay at the club and fight to prove they can be an asset to the team is OK by me. It might not come to pass but we cant knock him for trying for us, puts another brazilian to shame.

More of a team guy than Robinho and Elano ever were. I hope he can turn in some decent performances. When he went to EFC he played some good games, and for those are ready to jump down the EFC throat, he played against the same teams MCFC found difficult so there is something in there. I trust Mancini will find it. He remembers him playing against Inter when Jo was but a kid!

He's scored a couple this season - but I don't think he's good enough and I expect him to be sold in Jan or in the summer if there are any takers. He's is a better option the RSC though who has to be one of the worst buys ever.

I really want him to do well, if that means anything.
Im not ready to write him off just yet :O)

Cheesy said:
Well, he's better than RSC at least.

Nonsense. RSC is a massively better player, who unfortunately we never get to see playing at his best because he's either injured/coming back from injury/about to be injured/in the process of being injured/thinking about being injured.

pee dubya said:
Positive - he's knuckled down, is obviously putting some effort in, has good movement and gets into good positions. He has a decent left-foot.

Negative - seems to play with a chronic lack of confidence, doesn't really look sharp, like he's still not used to the pace of English football, lacks a bit of composure, is quite erratic with his touch and passing, lacks a bit of pace (although he's not massively slow), probably get's knocked about a bit easily.

For me there's too high a negative to positive ratio to think he has a long term future here.

He is young though, so still some hope.

sounds a lot like Samaras ........... and actually my nickname for Jo is "the Brazilian Samaras"

rossie said:
errr hes not good enough and should be shipped out along with rsc and ade,and get dzecko simple as that. to be honest id even have crouch compared to the three we have , they are not good enough

How is Ade not good enough? explain please?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.