Jo

Jo has contributed a lot to us this season. He has showed surprising strength holding the ball up and passing it off. He's effective taking it past players. He's put in decent crosses. He must have worked hard in training to get playing time. He's been a good player for us. Ideal for second squad games, and filling in for injured players. He played a crackingly good game at Fulham - making it easier for Tevez to do his thing.

I don't like the theatrics by any player. But the criticism is way off base.

AustinBlue said:
He played a crackingly good game at Fulham

Come off it mate he was our worst player by a country mile. Better than his usual dross, admittedly but still poor. The only thing was Stoke didn't realise how limp he was so they chased him round a bit and that took pressure off Tevez.

all we need is jo la la la la la all we need is jo la la la la lal all we need is jo jo jo is all we need. mancini likes him i think he is starting to look an ok player. not our best but ok.

Polari said:
I wish the posters here would get behind the lad instead of constantly belittling him. He put in another decent shift tonight and is worth his place in the squad.
yep totally agree i thought he played well again last night which must be difficult with the fuckin groans everytime he makes the slightest mistake. i've been impressed with him the last few times he's played and he's been fucked about being sent out on loan and not picked but remains ultra professional and never moans to the press/media like swp/given/ade and other brazilians elano and nobinho did when they weren't getting picked.....fair play to the lad i say great attitude and fully deserving of his chance to prove himself in the squad.

What a disgrace that dive was. I never seen a player who is only interested in their pay packet. Hopefully someone takes him off our hands soon. I 'd personally drive him there. Rather bring through a youngster who pays for the shirt and not the cheque!

Chippy_boy said:
AustinBlue said:

Come off it mate he was our worst player by a country mile. Better than his usual dross, admittedly but still poor. The only thing was Stoke didn't realise how limp he was so they chased him round a bit and that took pressure off Tevez.

He did well at Fulham.

He didn't come on until the last minute at Stoke mate.

colin's bell helmet said:
must be difficult with the fuckin groans everytime he makes the slightest mistake.

He was cheered on like a hero in 110/111 (until Alan stole his thunder). The support for him, even if it is slightly sarcastic, is growing.

AustinBlue said:
Jo has contributed a lot to us this season. He has showed surprising strength holding the ball up and passing it off. He's effective taking it past players. He's put in decent crosses. He must have worked hard in training to get playing time. He's been a good player for us. Ideal for second squad games, and filling in for injured players. He played a crackingly good game at Fulham - making it easier for Tevez to do his thing.

I don't like the theatrics by any player. But the criticism is way off base.

Exactly my thoughts! He brought the best I've seen from Milner playing off him yesterday.

Chippy_boy said:
AustinBlue said:

I've watched the replay four times. Look at the difference in how Hart can distribute the ball when he has a tall target guy up front. Jo took the long ball, controlled it, and did something good with it time and time again. I'm not sure there's a better player for that role in our team. Adebayor isn't good at that role at all. I think Jo executed exactly what Mancini wanted and needed him to do. All the players were excellent against Fulham. Saying Jo was worst by a country mile betrays what was a really effective performance on behalf of the team, which translated to making everyone around him better. I don't think Jo is one of our top players - but if you look at what he did at Fulham, it was really impressive. Certainly doesn't deserve the slagging off he gets. He's improving as a professional and is a good contributor to our team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.