Joao Cancelo | Al Hilal Player

£20-25m will be the max we will get imo. Maybe a break even for amortization for FFP?
possibly. we signed him in Summer 2019 for (on paper) £60m spread over 6 years so £10m a year. theoretically £50m written off by this summer if they do it on a straight line basis but i don't know how contract extensions factor in to that accounting.

Last chance of him coming back when we have preseason training and neither Cancelo or Pep seems interested working together anymore back then.

He will never coming back at this point.

possibly. we signed him in Summer 2019 for (on paper) £60m spread over 6 years so £10m a year. theoretically £50m written off by this summer if they do it on a straight line basis but i don't know how contract extensions factor in to that accounting.

I think when players sign a new contract it drops the amortization again mate so if we can say get £25m then I think we would be at least break even, maybe even a tiny profit for the books. You never know, Saudi might come back and he may take it?

I always get a little sad everytime this thread gets bumped. It's a shame Cancelo is such a bastard because taking away the attitude issues, I love his playing style and ability. Fantastic player, but an utter twat

Last edited:
I always get a little sad everytime this thread gets bumped. It's a shame Cancelo is such a bastard because taking away the attitude issues, I love his playing style and ability. Fantastic player, but an utter twat
would we won treble if Cancelo stayed ?

No absolutely not. He's a cancer and I'm glad he's gone. Doesn't mean he's not a supremely talented player who would benefit us if he wasn't a total headcase
Of course we could have won.
He's a right pain in the hole but he was there for a good part of the season.
We may not have won but to say " absolutely not" is a little over the top.
He obviously burnt his bridges with Pep and probably some of his team mates as well.

Of course we could have won.
He's a right pain in the hole but he was there for a good part of the season.
We may not have won but to say " absolutely not" is a little over the top.
He obviously burnt his bridges with Pep and probably some of his team mates as well.
Yeah probably a little over the top on my part. I don't know if we would've won as much though. We were struggling (by our standards), and really turned a corner right around when he was loaned out. Maybe a coincidence but I do think he was a drag on the rest of the squad by that point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.