Joao Cancelo | Al Hilal Player

If he messes up this deal with Al hilal by waiting for Barca who are never going to offer us anything except a free loan, he will then be my most disliked player to wear a city shirt.

He shouldn't care if he's liked or he's not liked. It's his life.

He worked hard to become a professional level player and I'm sure he works hard every day to maintain a certain level.

The rest of us can take a long jump. Most of us would put our backs out for a month if we tried.

I hope Cancelo gets what he wants either way.

The deal with Saudi has got Mendez fingerprints all over it, and 35m (if correct) it something we could have never envisaged 12 months ago. I'm just concerned what sort of favour we owe him for this. Probably something to do with Bernie.

Negotiate a release from his contract if a satisfactory agreement can't be reached with another club.

Conditionalise it on not joining another PL club & stage compensation payments over three years.

Cut

Run

Taa raa !!

The deal with Saudi has got Mendez fingerprints all over it, and 35m (if correct) it something we could have never envisaged 12 months ago. I'm just concerned what sort of favour we owe him for this. Probably something to do with Bernie.
Cancelo is neither good enough nor has a high enough profile for us to get into any kind of quid pro quo with mendez, i dont think barca want him as much as he wants barca and maybe mendez has told him a few home truths.

Most Barcelona mouthpieces are going with they 'ended interest' in Cancelo, with City unwilling to budge on the 25m price with an obligation to buy. A couple claiming he is expected to sign for Al Hilal soon.

Cancelo is neither good enough nor has a high enough profile for us to get into any kind of quid pro quo with mendez, i dont think barca want him as much as he wants barca and maybe mendez has told him a few home truths.
Maybe. It's been reported that he has pissed off the dressing room at Barca (that's twice now) so no club will want him. He is quite within his rights to do a Danny Mills and sit and do feck all for 2 years. Barca were only offering 20m euros, god knows when. If he goes to Saudi the wage will have a big say in it and also the Portuguese manager he will play for. If the figures are correct, it's a massive win for us.
I still don't understand why the Saudi's don't wait a week and then low ball us - that's where I think some deal has been done imho.

Maybe. It's been reported that he has pissed off the dressing room at Barca (that's twice now) so no club will want him. He is quite within his rights to do a Danny Mills and sit and do feck all for 2 years. Barca were only offering 20m euros, god knows when. If he goes to Saudi the wage will have a big say in it and also the Portuguese manager he will play for. If the figures are correct, it's a massive win for us.
I still don't understand why the Saudi's don't wait a week and then low ball us - that's where I think some deal has been done imho.
Because they can lowball all they like we dont have to accept it and hes painted himself into a corner, more likely mendes has made a deal with al hilal than us

So, all the reports coming out of Spain today are that Barca are not prepared to meet our valuation for a player who is fast becoming the pariah of world football. If the Saudis aren't willing to take a punt on him, where does that leave us? Can we really afford to have him lingering like a bad smell in the dressing room or does Pep take the pragmatic approach and offer him a route back? I'm being mischievous of course. in spite of the continuing burden on our wage bill, I suspect Pep would rather he's left to rot if only to maintain team harmony.
No chance Pep will risk his bad influence in the dressing room

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.