Joao Cancelo assaulted by 4 people in home invasion

It is aggravated burglar no doubt, the burglary part just needs an element of trespass.

I'm aware that Burglary requires trespass.

Robbery in a dwelling is treated more harshly than burglary. And the extreme threats and violence is usually a key part of the MO of these gangs. Four men didn't go in there because they needed the extra pairs of hands to carry out jewellery boxes, it appears they clearly went in there with the intent to intimidate the occupants into handing everything over.

It’s not just that they were carrying weapons in the off chance that they faced resistance.

If we find out who it was I will visit them.

giphy.webp

I'm aware that Burglary requires trespass.

Robbery in a dwelling is treated more harshly than burglary. And the extreme threats and violence is usually a key part of the MO of these gangs. Four men didn't go in there because they needed the extra pairs of hands to carry out jewellery boxes, it appears they clearly went in there with the intent to intimidate the occupants into handing everything over.

It’s not just that they were carrying weapons in the off chance that they faced resistance.

The lower end AB offences are slightly higher than Robbery which is slightly, but there is very little difference and both can be life.

I think AB would be a lot easier to prove and seems to be what they normally go with it. E.g. Willow Flood.

The lower end AB offences are slightly higher than Robbery which is slightly, but there is very little difference and both can be life.

I think AB would be a lot easier to prove and seems to be what they normally go with it. E.g. Willow Flood.

That was before the law was changed, this has applied from 2016 onwards.

These high profile cases are exactly the sort of situation that the law would have been brought in to use against.

I’d guess it was this morning seeing as he wasn’t spotted in training.

Dont see any reason why he wouldn’t be fine for Saturday.
Hmmmm. I've been home invaded and robbed before. It's not the physical attack or pain that's the worst. It's the mental and spiritual violation of your privacy. That shit hits different. And he has family there to protect too :(

I can't speak for anyone else, but it took damn more than 3 days to get over it. A whole lot longer.

Anyway, I wish Cancelo the best. He seems a strong character and his family seems to have escaped unharmed. For that I'm mighty grateful. But if I'm being honest, I don't expect to see him in Saturday.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.