Joao Cancelo

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Mezrah, 1 Jun 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tez Tosterone

Tez Tosterone

The last I heard on the Cancelo fee was £50m or €54.5m. It seems that amount has been unmoved since news broke that Juventus went public several weeks ago stating they would listen to offers.

In De Ligt’s case, the reported €49m fee is only part of the equation. There are reports that if you add on Mino Raiola’s enormous commission fee and the extremely generous pay package reported by the football media, it takes the total to nearer €65m. Ajax have, according to reports, rejected this bid. It is thought that they are holding out for another €5m, possibly more. The likelihood is that the total sum is likely to be circa €75m if reports are to be believed.

2. Colin Bells Boots

Colin Bells Boots

Interesting but I was interested in why @richards30 was so seemingly desperate about his signing.

I hadn't appreciated that he had such " outstanding potential " , so thank you for raising my awareness.

3. Paul1970

Paul1970

Why can’t we meet £70 mill for this guy As he is quality and ticks all the boxes or has he hinted that he wants the juve move and nothing else

4. HypnoticBlue

HypnoticBlue

Maybe we just don’t wanna deal with his knob ‘ed agent, or his wages are ridiculous?

CTID

karen7 and Tez Tosterone like this.
  5. Tez Tosterone

Tez Tosterone

Correct.

In the Pogba transfer from Juve to Manure a few years ago the transfer fee was widely reported in the British media as being £89m. The actual cost was £93m when Raiola’s agents fees were factored in.

In the last three years his fees have further escalated to eye watering levels.

Last edited: 6 Jul 2019
  6. George Hannah

George Hannah

He's only 19 - remember Tosin, Ashley Smith-Brown, Shay Facey, Cameron Humphrey, Ash Kigbu, Ellis Plummer, Kieran Kennedy, Tom Smith, Luke Coulson, Sean Tse, Freddie Veseli, etc all looked good at that age. Some like Dedryk Boyata, Karim Rekik, Jason Denayer have done OK but they are nowhere near our level now. Ben Mee arguably could have stayed with us and done a good job though.

Last edited: 7 Jul 2019
  7. domalino

domalino

Ellis Plummer at 20 - 3 career appearances (League 1)

De Ligt at 20 - 151 career appearances (Champions League, International, Europa League, Eredivisie)

I can't imagine why people think there's a difference...

8. richards30

richards30

I think pep could improve him to be his new Dani Alves to be honest mate. Cancelo is rapid, can take his man on and has superb delivery from wide areas? Just feel he would make us even more devastating down the right hand side.

9. George Hannah

George Hannah

Sorry, I substantially revised that post after more research ;)

10. Colin Bells Boots

Colin Bells Boots

Ok thanks.

I don't know a great deal about him and wondered why Juventus aren't looking to keep him .

richards30 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.