Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I substantially revised that post after more research ;)

I'm pretty sure my rebuttal holds up.

De Ligt is a top CB already, whoever buys him will get value for money at €75m and whatever wages. If it's Juve they'll teach him a lot about defending too and eventually sell him for a fee which seems impossibly high for a CB right now.

Having followed the Blues for 45+ years, in the past we would chase players on their terms, but now it is a different ball game and players have to fit our holistic view for us to be interested, in the past 10 years I can’t think of any I have felt that we had missed out on, it’s been more like we dodged a bullet really.
If we are not in for De Ligt it’s because his attitude is not for us or he’s another Sturridge who believe’s his own hype.
With the success we have had in the last 10 years, I’m happy with how our recruitment works even if it is frustrating at times.

CTID

Last edited:
Very strange that Angelino hasn't been given his shirt number yet but Rodri has. I recon he's going to be number 3 but they won't announce that until Danilo has gone. If Danilo is off, we're defo signing Cancelo

Selling first puts us in a difficult position with Juve because then we need a RB.

Needing to sell before buying is just a myth that gets thrown around.

We just did it with Angelino/Delph.

Completely different situation - we can keep both Angelino and Delph in the squad without having to move either on. Angelino was essentially a free pass - we don’t have to shift Deplh having signed Angelino. The two are not connected.

However we can’t keep both Danilo and Cancelo in the squad together, which buying clubs will be very well aware of.

It puts us in a terrible negotiating position, which is why the club won’t sanction any move for Cancelo til we’ve shifted Danilo.

Completely different situation - we can keep both Angelino and Delph in the squad without having to move either on. Angelino was essentially a free pass - we don’t have to shift Deplh having signed Angelino. The two are not connected.

However we can’t keep both Danilo and Cancelo in the squad together, which buying clubs will be very well aware of.

It puts us in a terrible negotiating position, which is why the club won’t sanction any move for Cancelo til we’ve shifted Danilo.
Whos to say Juventus won't ask for more if we sell Danilo first.

Whos to say Juventus won't ask for more if we sell Danilo first.

From all accounts they have to sell because of FFP (oh the irony). Maybe Cuadrado to China eliminates that, but I’ve followed some of the Juve stuff on their boards since the Pep rumors. Because of Ronaldo, this is their best value to unload. Especially if they want Pogba. It’s definitely not a scenario where they want to offload the player.

It’d be a hell of a coup and Richards is right. This would be perfect for us and he does have the potential to be the best RB in world football.

Regarding Castles....total Clown but he knows what he’s talking about regarding City and I’m inclined to believe him when he says that it’s close to done. He’s been pimping out how accurate he is at transfers on his podcast and I think it’s a touch further than being a Mendes mouthpiece.

One of the greatest parts of our negotiation tactics over the last 5 years is that we don’t overvalue the bigger transfers which gives us flexibility on the smaller ones. I don’t know that we’re willing to do any ‘bad business’ but if we want Cancelo, then personally I don’t think Danilo will hold that up. I really like Danilo but it’s a bit perplexing how unwilling Pep has been to rotate Waker and that completely goes against what we do.

You may well be right but there’s a couple of things that dictate it going the other way from what you’re arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.