Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
we wont hire manager who likes to play more defensively. of course details will be different with every coach but the club are following the barca model, that is obvious.
Hope you are right,i'm thinking when pep changed it v spurs away in the CL and went more defensive all of them fucked up

We need to defend in the CL,LB and RB options now are iffy in that regard,what happens when pep leaves and the next manager wants them to defend more?
I doubt cancelo is awful defensivley he has been playing for juve but he can potentially become our dani alves. Walker can handle the champions league games against fast wingers. If mendy is ever fit he can do the same on the left side as he showed against salah last season. No coach we will hire will use traditional fullbacks as most attacking coaches use fullbacks almost like wingers which cancelo would be perfect for.

Pep doesn't know what he's doing if only we had a manager who knows how to defend like Sam Alladice or the good old days with Stuart Pearce in charge...
We do need to defend sometimes you know,so far since pep has been here teams attack us like monaco and the dippers/spurs in the CL and we are all over the place,surely there are fullbacks out there who can attack and defend

Hope you are right,i'm thinking when pep changed it v spurs away in the CL and went more defensive all of them fucked up
We should never have gone defensively against them in that match anyway we should have gone for it and killed the tie of in the first leg. I think pep was nervous after what happened the season before against the dippers but against spurs i feel like we would have won that match comfortably playing our normal style.

I doubt cancelo is awful defensivley he has been playing for juve but he can potentially become our dani alves. Walker can handle the champions league games against fast wingers. If mendy is ever fit he can do the same on the left side as he showed against salah last season. No coach we will hire will use traditional fullbacks as most attacking coaches use fullbacks almost like wingers which cancelo would be perfect for.
I'm reassured,a bit

We should never have gone defensively against them in that match anyway we should have gone for it and killed the tie of in the first leg. I think pep was nervous after what happened the season before against the dippers but against spurs i feel like we would have won that match comfortably playing our normal style.
Yep i said that at the time and got right pelters,we have the beating of them when we play our normal game,water under the bridge now

We do need to defend sometimes you know,so far since pep has been here teams attack us like monaco and the dippers/spurs in the CL and we are all over the place,surely there are fullbacks out there who can attack and defend
There can’t be many that are top class at both aspects. And any that are will be unobtainable. So it makes miles more sense to go for the better ball players, since we have the ball 65-70% of the time. Cancelo would be a big upgrade in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.