Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why some think right back could be strengthened. We've got comfortably the best right back in the league and possibly the world, and as his alternative a Brazilian international who has won champions league and league titles. Wasnt Danilo's biggest fan when we signed him but to call it a weak area is crazy. Danilo would be first choice for virtually every other team in the country.

Not sure why some think right back could be strengthened. We've got comfortably the best right back in the league and possibly the world, and as his alternative a Brazilian international who has won champions league and league titles. Wasnt Danilo's biggest fan when we signed him but to call it a weak area is crazy. Danilo would be first choice for virtually every other team in the country.
They probably didn't realise he was playing at LB.

Would be a logical signing, as RB is a weak area of the squad. What do you think of him?
Hahahaha what the fuck.

There's not a single club in the world where RB is stronger than at City. Walker is top 3 in the world in the position and Danilo probably the best backup RB on the planet.

Hahahaha what the fuck.

There's not a single club in the world where RB is stronger than at City. Walker is top 3 in the world in the position and Danilo probably the best backup RB on the planet.
If you think Walker is an 'elite' fullback, the only conclusion I can draw is you barely watch football City aside.

Walker is below average with the ball, judging by the standards of Guardiola teams.
If you watched City this season, you could notice Pep has designed a system depriving Walker of the ball to hide his technical ineptness. He plays in RCB role, chases counters, moves off-the-ball a lot and takes the least possible part in the build-up. In all games when he was given a licence to operate as a winger, Walker's been terribly exposed. Liverpool away, cup final vs Arsenal, Huddersfield home to name a few. A fullback that can't pass the ball well enough can't be deemed as an elite one in my opinion.

Funnily enough, a year ago, before the transfer, the consensus here was that he's an average footballer with good athletic attributes. Which sounds about right. Comparing him with worldies like Carvajal, Alves or Kimmich doesn't make any sense.

As for Danilo, you're only proving my suggestion that you barely watch football City aside. Anyone who follows Madrid knows Danilo's been wank for them. The €30m sell to City was a great deal for Madrid, not Man City, they were happy to get rid. Ask any Real fan on twitter. Danilo is basically a powerful winger with limited defensive capabilities. A month ago the Bluemoon crew wanted to sell him and replace with Pablo Maffeo, who is currently a defender for midtable teams at best.

As for 'best reserve fullback'...It's an open secret that Madrid are signing Odriozola. Both Carvajal and Odriozola are in the Spain NT ahead of Bellerin, which should tell you something about the quality of this pair. Kimmich-Rafinha pair also stands out. I actually think the main factor that caused Tite to choose Danilo over Rafinha is the fact that he plays for City, and Tite has basically copied City's tactical setup (which he admitted in his interview).

The tendency to overrate City players on this board is hilarious. It's like you can't get your head over the fact that other teams can have better players. Ask any non-City fan, especially outside of England, whom of City players would he take into the World XI. The general answer will be "De Bruyne", and that's it.
The reality is City don't buy worldies nowadays and rely on a steady squad building, young talent and good coaching, that's why the club transfer record is £57m, not 100, 120 or 200.

The RB position surely could be improved.

If you think Walker is an 'elite' fullback, the only conclusion I can draw is you barely watch football City aside.

Walker is below average with the ball, judging by the standards of Guardiola teams.
If you watched City this season, you could notice Pep has designed a system depriving Walker of the ball to hide his technical ineptness. He plays in RCB role, chases counters, moves off-the-ball a lot and takes the least possible part in the build-up. In all games when he was given a licence to operate as a winger, Walker's been terribly exposed. Liverpool away, cup final vs Arsenal, Huddersfield home to name a few. A fullback that can't pass the ball well enough can't be deemed as an elite one in my opinion.

Funnily enough, a year ago, before the transfer, the consensus here was that he's an average footballer with good athletic attributes. Which sounds about right. Comparing him with worldies like Carvajal, Alves or Kimmich doesn't make any sense.

As for Danilo, you're only proving my suggestion that you barely watch football City aside. Anyone who follows Madrid knows Danilo's been wank for them. The €30m sell to City was a great deal for Madrid, not Man City, they were happy to get rid. Ask any Real fan on twitter. Danilo is basically a powerful winger with limited defensive capabilities. A month ago the Bluemoon crew wanted to sell him and replace with Pablo Maffeo, who is currently a defender for midtable teams at best.

As for 'best reserve fullback'...It's an open secret that Madrid are signing Odriozola. Both Carvajal and Odriozola are in the Spain NT ahead of Bellerin, which should tell you something about the quality of this pair. Kimmich-Rafinha pair also stands out. I actually think the main factor that caused Tite to choose Danilo over Rafinha is the fact that he plays for City, and Tite has basically copied City's tactical setup (which he admitted in his interview).

The tendency to overrate City players on this board is hilarious. It's like you can't get your head over the fact that other teams can have better players. Ask any non-City fan, especially outside of England, whom of City players would he take into the World XI. The general answer will be "De Bruyne", and that's it.
The reality is City don't buy worldies nowadays and rely on a steady squad building, young talent and good coaching, that's why the club transfer record is £57m, not 100, 120 or 200.

Nicely written

I agree that Walker and Danilo are both good but not great RBs but we are all entitled to our opinions - I doubt anyone on here doesn't watch football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.