Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, that doesn't necessarily mean he isn't packing.

I'm sure he has people such as a manager and other people who can do the packing for him

But I see your point

Haha it was actually just a terrible attempt at a joke over the Salt Bae meme, if you see how I edited waspish's quote.

It's a pity you can't do so rationally. So I return to the obvious benefit of Cancelo being an option on the left if needed and if he signs for us. Are you still denying he wouldn't be or just dismissing the evidence that he can play there?
He’s played there 12 times in his career, in which time, Juve managed one win.

I’d imagine that Pep would likely use other options if Cancelo’s history is anything to go by. Even if a student journalist in North America disagrees.

12 games at one position when clearly you have a better natural option there in Sandro isn't exactly insignificant. If Cancelo signs he's not doing so to be our next Danilo. That he can play LB is a no brainier as to why we're linked as strongly.

12 games at one position when clearly you have a better natural option there in Sandro isn't exactly insignificant. If Cancelo signs he's not doing so to be our next Danilo. That he can play LB is a no brainier as to why we're linked as strongly.

I'd wager if we do sign him, he won't play 1 game at LB, unless we have a very significant injury crisis.

Angelino's allegedly all but done. We're not going to have 3 LB's, only to play Cancelo there.

It's just like all the noise when we initially signing Danilo, that he was going to be our utility player that can play LB and DM. Played about 4 games at LB over 2 seasons and that was only because Mendy was permanently injured and still in that time Pep preferred 2 midfielders over him there.

Cancelo will sooner be deployed as a winger than a LB.

He’s played there 12 times in his career, in which time, Juve managed one win.

I’d imagine that Pep would likely use other options if Cancelo’s history is anything to go by. Even if a student journalist in North America disagrees.
Him and several others are also quoted on Wiki including the Portugal manager - let's see what happens if he signs for us.

I'd wager if we do sign him, he won't play 1 game at LB, unless we have a very significant injury crisis.

Angelino's allegedly all but done. We're not going to have 3 LB's, only to play Cancelo there.

It's just like all the noise when we initially signing Danilo, that he was going to be our utility player that can play LB and DM. Played about 4 games at LB over 2 seasons and that was only because Mendy was permanently injured and still in that time Pep preferred 2 midfielders over him there.

Cancelo will sooner be deployed as a winger than a LB.
If Walker nails down RB and Mendy is not fit I don't see a €50m player on the bench with either Zinch or Angelino at LB but you may be right - we'll see.

If Walker nails down RB and Mendy is not fit I don't see a €50m player on the bench with either Zinch or Angelino at LB but you may be right - we'll see.

The whole idea to get Cancelo is so that Walker can be rotated and he doesn't have those brain fades in games out of fatigue and too many games. And as Walker gets older Cancelo nails down that spot as a starter in future. No one cares for what value sits on bench as long they all contribute.

The whole idea to get Cancelo is so that Walker can be rotated and he doesn't have those brain fades in games out of fatigue and too many games. And as Walker gets older Cancelo nails down that spot as a starter in future. No one cares for what value sits on bench as long they all contribute.
Perhaps, but all players, and especially those of Cancelo's age, calibre and price, don't sign for us to sit on the bench. They care very much and the 'two contenders for every position' argument doesn't make a scrap of difference to them if they don't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.