Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the point in this to be honest. We need a lb which playing with a 3 walker can cover. That would mean and mendy and Cancelo as rwb this will ensure more goals especially when teams like man united park the bus. I would love this because let’s face it Liverpool will get better. They will buy, and if we don’t get our business done smart we gonna be sorry.

He's a good player, no doubt. I just think we have more pressing issues to deal with in the squad unless Pep will route for Walker as a CB option.

Doubt this will affect our priorities at all (DM and CB). Don't worry. Danilo is leaving so i guess we should be happy that we are replacing him with a better player? :)

IMO the first target is (or must be) Aaron Wan-Bissaka. If he is too expensive Cancelo will be Plan B.
Also Corriere dello Sport, the first who wrote about City and Cancelo, is not a trustfull source.

IMO the first target is (or must be) Aaron Wan-Bissaka. If he is too expensive Cancelo will be Plan B.
Also Corriere dello Sport, the first who wrote about City and Cancelo, is not a trustfull source.

But since then.....more trustworthy sources have reported it. So it really doesn't matter.

Anyway, i want @Dax777's take on this.

Sam Lee's City sources confirm Cancelo link.

He's a good player, no doubt. I just think we have more pressing issues to deal with in the squad unless Pep will route for Walker as a CB option.
Bear in mind though, Danilo is clearly leaving, so maintaining a well-balanced squad is probably a pressing issue. Our strength is our depth, our ability to rotate with little drop-off. We need to preserve that.

Watching CP games. He`s great defensively though

He's basically restricted from attacking at Palace because the way they set-up. He rarely gets the chance to overlap Townsend. He is actually decent last year. His dribbling, admittedly only one element of attacking play, he is good. I think I read that he had made 40 successful dribbles last season. Pretty sure he has played wing for his country for Congo. I am not claiming he is incredible going forward but he is certainly not poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.