Joao Cancelo

Lets not rewrite history here and just forget that he had a huge part to play in several titles he won both as part of the team and individually. It went sour at the end but he was a mainstay in the team for very good reasons.
I think we won it despite some of his very dodgy defending...I never rated him defensively...good going forward but a terrible defender...id rather have Ake, Gvardiol, Delph, Akanji or Zinchenko at left back when it comes to defending than Cancelo...

He was an improvement on Mendy but Mendy was the worst defenders Ive ever seen in this modern era and thats ignoring all the off the field stuff

I think we won it despite some of his very dodgy defending...I never rated him defensively...good going forward but a terrible defender...id rather have Ake, Gvardiol, Delph, Akanji or Zinchenko at left back when it comes to defending than Cancelo...

He was an improvement on Mendy but Mendy was the worst defenders Ive ever seen in this modern era and thats ignoring all the off the field stuff
He really was a terrible defender, had no faith if he happened to be the last man. His attributes going forward were intermittent as well.

Bollocks, im sorry.

If he was as weak as some think he is then Pep wouldn't have kept playing him. Nevermind that he offered more going forward than a few who were actually supposed to be in those areas.

Bollocks, im sorry.

If he was as weak as some think he is then Pep wouldn't have kept playing him. Nevermind that he offered more going forward than a few who were actually supposed to be in those areas.
I said he offered more going forward....would you have him defensively over any of those players mentioned however? I know i wouldnt

I said he offered more going forward....would you have him defensively over any of those players mentioned however? I know i wouldnt
Better than Zinchenko and Delph, yes.

He didn't just suddenly become a bad defender, we knew what we were buying and were happy to roll with the average defending because of what he offered going forward, he was a huge part of some of our attacking play for a long time.

He didn't just suddenly become a bad defender, we knew what we were buying and were happy to roll with the average defending because of what he offered going forward, he was a huge part of some of our attacking play for a long time.

If he is not being twat and bad influencer in locker room. Cancelo probably will stayed on Pep good grace and still keep playing for us.

Pep will overlook his obvious weakness as long Cancelo didn't sulk and keep fighting for his spot. But instead he acting like a twat and Pep have any right to kick him out from the team for being distruptive.

At least we can acknowledge he was a bad defender.....he wasnt average at all and defensively he was worse certainly than delph and ona par with Zinchenko - both who were midfielders prior to pep.

He was good going forward but that was intermitant...he had periods where he was great...he had periods where he wasnt effective at all..

HOpefully its good riddance to him as what is more important is that he was clearly a bad influence in the dressing room

Bollocks, im sorry.

Pep didn’t keep playing him, he got benched by Rico and Walker on the right and Ake on the left. The season improved after that Pep dropped him. His defending was below average.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.