Joao Cancelo

Hopefully, somebody will buy him, obviously Barcelona the tight cunts will try and get him for tuppence, I wouldnt sell those cunts another rather tbh.

Thought we had stopped these "Aldi price match" transfers. That's a huge loss on his actual value. Brighton just paid 35m for a 19 year old. There's no way we can't get an extra 10m on that 25m for Cancelo

Clearly it is a struggle to get as much as the 25.

In fairness that fugure isn't new. That is what the club tried to tie Barcelona into oast summer, with an obligation to buy at the end of the loan. The figure has been quoted again this summer, that Barcelona wouldn't pay it but would look gor another loan.

Unless someone comes in with an offer he can accept, there really isn't much the club can ask for. If that is Barcelona, then the wait for the last minute loan game will play out again.

Thought we had stopped these "Aldi price match" transfers. That's a huge loss on his actual value. Brighton just paid 35m for a 19 year old. There's no way we can't get an extra 10m on that 25m for Cancelo

Presumably his wages are the problem as we gave him a new contract on a big uplift before he started being a problem around the place.

If it is only Barca who show interest we are stuck with the problem.

Don't forget that if Cancelo doesn't move and we don't have room to register him, then he doesn't play anywhere which would affect his place in the national team. This does appear very important to Portuguese players so it would be in his interests to move. It is a difficult situation but we do have some leverage.
That’s a good point actually one that hadn’t crossed my mind.

So younger, wages are way less, selling club probably doesn't want to sell, and probably doesn't have a bad reputation like Cancelo. So not comparable at all.

He's worth 22.5mil less whatever we recovered in loan fees to date so basically south of 20 mil. I'd bite my arm off if I were City to get 25 mil for him and get his remaining 3 years off the payroll. We'd actually show a profit of 5 mil plus for PSR purposes. It's why we've offered him back to Barca for 20 mil, those cheap, broke pricks...

BTW, Phillips is now at 30 mil less the loan fee from West Ham (4 mil?). Just like any other asset the book value depreciates yearly from the original purchase price. Amazingly there's no one willing to go anywhere near this fella for 25 to 30 mil...

He's worth 22.5mil less whatever we recovered in loan fees to date so basically south of 20 mil. I'd bite my arm off if I were City to get 25 mil for him and get his remaining 3 years off the payroll. We'd actually show a profit of 5 mil plus for PSR purposes. It's why we've offered him back to Barca for 20 mil, those cheap, broke pricks...

BTW, Phillips is now at 30 mil less the loan fee from West Ham (4 mil?). Just like any other asset the book value depreciates yearly from the original purchase price. Amazingly there's no one willing to go anywhere near this fella for 25 to 30 mil...

We received fuck all in loan fees for Cancelo. First one we paid his wages, second one, it was claimed we did not, not sure I fully believe that though.

Phillps loan fee was fair and good. Rumours of Roma interested for around 20m, which the longer it gets might start to look better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.