Joao Cancelo

We received fuck all in loan fees for Cancelo. First one we paid his wages, second one, it was claimed we did not, not sure I fully believe that though.

Phillps loan fee was fair and good. Rumours of Roma interested for around 20m, which the longer it gets might start to look better.
So Cancelo is on the books at 22.5 mil. I'd take 40 mil for the pair, take a 7 or 8 mil loss on the books, get them off the payroll, and clear space for incomings...

Thought we had stopped these "Aldi price match" transfers. That's a huge loss on his actual value. Brighton just paid 35m for a 19 year old. There's no way we can't get an extra 10m on that 25m for Cancelo
Has two and a bit years left on his City contract and has been loaned out twice. It would be overly optimistic to expect more.

So Cancelo is on the books at 22.5 mil. I'd take 40 mil for the pair, take a 7 or 8 mil loss on the books, get them off the payroll, and clear space for incomings...

Can't argue with that.

Clubs will know that though, and push for last minute loans so they can have them for free rather than paying a transfer fee, even a below value one.

Can't argue with that.

Clubs will know that though, and push for last minute loans so they can have them for free rather than paying a transfer fee, even a below value one.
Unfortunately that is true. A negotiator's game of chicken...
If we're going to give them away for nothing, I'd rather shelve them and put pressure on their agents to find a solution/destination at a reasonable fee. Phillips might actually be OK with sitting idle and getting paid. Personally, I think Cancelo would lose his mind...

Unfortunately that is true. A negotiator's game of chicken...
If we're going to give them away for nothing, I'd rather shelve them and put pressure on their agents to find a solution/destination at a reasonable fee. Phillips might actually be OK with sitting idle and getting paid. Personally, I think Cancelo would lose his mind...

It would be interesting, to say the least. Imagine if that bluff was indeed called, the saudi window that closes after ours might look enticing. Or it would give his agent time till January to make something happen.

Ultimately, we are not the type of club that would do that, so a bit moot.

We received fuck all in loan fees for Cancelo. First one we paid his wages, second one, it was claimed we did not, not sure I fully believe that though.

Phillps loan fee was fair and good. Rumours of Roma interested for around 20m, which the longer it gets might start to look better.
The first 6 month loan was Bayern, there may well have been no loan fee given the short notice but I don't believe for one moment we paid his wages too. The 2nd loan to Barcelona of 12 months would have included a loan fee and them paying his wages, sorry, I just don't see anything else happening.

The match against Slovenia showed Cancelo in a nutshell. Some great attacking play, going missing defensively at times and being a mardy bugger feuding with an opposition player.
There are times since he left on loan that his creativity would have been welcome but overall he is just not worth the drama that he causes.

The first 6 month loan was Bayern, there may well have been no loan fee given the short notice but I don't believe for one moment we paid his wages too. The 2nd loan to Barcelona of 12 months would have included a loan fee and them paying his wages, sorry, I just don't see anything else happening.

There was no loan fee with either. We paid his wages at Bayern, just to get him out, it was reported. I get that.

Barcelona pushed and pushed and pulled our pants down. They managed het no obligation to buy, no fee, but supposedly ge took a pay cut and they agreed to pay the wages. I remember ot well, because a few here were bravado about it, and ot came to nothing.

I am not convinced we didn't split the wages with them, the grip they had on the balls btw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.