Joao Cancelo | Al Hilal Player

Would it not just be better getting him off the wage bill, no one seems to want to buy him and he will just run down his contract on high wages by the look of it.
Are you suggesting we should hire a killer or what exactly is your plan to get him off the wage bill?

If not, we would have to pay all his outstanding weekly wages til contract end 2027 in one big fat payment to terminate the contract and 1 day later Barca would sign him on a free. Would that be smart?

He had a stellar season and we increased his salary from £85k pw to £250k pw until June 2027

He was then benched to give Lewis a game and Cancelo's behaviour in training was an absolute disgrace.If he ever plays for us again I will show my ass in Burtons window.

Both Bayern and Barca have refused to buy him on that salary. It is a problem but who could have foreseen Cancelo behaving like an absolute madman
1000016247.jpg

so what, is he joining pre season soon? even if he moves that will be something like 29th August or 30th August...

Can’t imagine Pep wants him back at all to be honest, even loaned out again would do

I would rather see him back in the squad at the start of the season, than loaned out again.

Even just as a matter of principle.

We have done him and Barcelona a favour, there is no need for nother one, they have had a year to come up with a very reasonable 20m, and have had the player for free with no loan fee paid. And knocked that value off the end fee.

It is not cutting your nose off to spite your face btw, because the dynamic has completely changed now. When he was shipped out, it was a precarious point in the season, results were iffy, the mood was tetchy. He had potential to upset that. Now, the group has won 6 trophies since, he has been out in the wilderness, they are far more tightly knit and he has to work his way back in. So if he stays, less of a problem.

Or if he really is to he loaned out, not to Barcelona, but a last minute to someone.

I would rather see him back in the squad at the start of the season, than loaned out again.

Even just as a matter of principle.

We have done him and Barcelona a favour, there is no need for nother one, they have had a year to come up with a very reasonable 20m, and have had the player for free with no loan fee paid. And knocked that value off the end fee.

It is not cutting your nose off to spite your face btw, because the dynamic has completely changed now. When he was shipped out, it was a precarious point in the season, results were iffy, the mood was tetchy. He had potential to upset that. Now, the group has won 6 trophies since, he has been out in the wilderness, they are far more tightly knit and he has to work his way back in. So if he stays, less of a problem.

Or if he really is to he loaned out, not to Barcelona, but a last minute to someone.

He can refuse some loans though can’t he unfortunately? Still hope Saudi come knocking to be honest

He can refuse some loans though can’t he unfortunately? Still hope Saudi come knocking to be honest

If he does, then he stays. Shift the balance there, I'm ok with it. After last year, to be clear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.