Joao Cancelo | Al Hilal Player

I don't think it is harsh of me to say, that I don't care about his career at this point.
He has had 4 transfer windows and 2 loan spells at top clubs, to find his place somewhere where his talent can give him the career he could have had. The club have enabled him and given him scope for that. If Saudi is where he ends up that's on him and his entourage. At this point I only care for what is good for City. Last summer that might have been harsh, this summer I think it is fair.
He has played for some of the world's top clubs, says a lot about his ability but it also says a lot that every club he's played for has been happy to see the back of him.

Hes "waiting" for Barca.. they are stalling, and Mendes stalling City I guess.. Barca need FFP room to make it happen first and it will be very hard but Cancelo will probably wait a couple of days before the closing I feel..
Of course City prefer Al Hilal

Edit: Romano brought it up on his YouTube tonight as well..

Last edited:
Are we still talking about this clown? Get him and his 10 decent games a year out of the club. The people who think he was a difference maker in any season (the COVID season where he was such a difference maker - 2 goals, 3 assists in 28 games - he was sat firmly on the bench during the UCL final that never was) are welcome to their opinion I suppose.

Last edited:
So, all the reports coming out of Spain today are that Barca are not prepared to meet our valuation for a player who is fast becoming the pariah of world football. If the Saudis aren't willing to take a punt on him, where does that leave us? Can we really afford to have him lingering like a bad smell in the dressing room or does Pep take the pragmatic approach and offer him a route back? I'm being mischievous of course. in spite of the continuing burden on our wage bill, I suspect Pep would rather he's left to rot if only to maintain team harmony.

I wasn't even questioning the €3m as a possibility for Cancelo rather than the other player mentioned, I'd have well believed it and not complained
Reports of a €30 mill fee are not to be believed I reckon. Saudi has massively reined in spending this summer and they are boxing clever on the fees offered. €10-15 mill would be great for us.

Actually quite good Saudi transfer window closing 6 October.

We can stand firm towards Barca in case they make a last minute loan offer on pisstake conditions. We probably would do it but only with proper loan fee plus 18m buy obligation next summer.

If he's not off our books come Friday his last exit is Al Hilal with the contract already on the table. No way he will play a single second for City again.

This one is my City news of the week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.