Joao Felix

If, and that's only IF, Alvarez wants out, I don't know that you can find a better profile player than Felix that would be happy being Haaland's backup, and also has the skill to fill in multiple positions.

I’d rather use homegrown talent as back ups, as Pep doesn’t give them much time in the PL anyway, they can cut their teeth (and show their worth) in the Cup competitions, and (in the case of Haaland) the back up position should be a false nine, like Foden, Bobb, Grealish or Bernardo…someone with quick feet who can work in tight spaces.

Too late for that now. Leipzig would demand money way above the release clause now.
Nobody knows what may or may not have been agreed with any club, especially with him on his hols after the Euros.

For all we know, a deal had been done, but no-one is talking because he’s away getting some well-deserved R&R, and City have gone on tour.

That’s not to say anything has been said or done, but to watch a deadline expire and assume the worst is a little naive in the high stakes, very complicated and sophisticated world of international football.

Nobody knows what may or may not have been agreed with any club, especially with him on his hols after the Euros.

For all we know, a deal had been done, but no-one is talking because he’s away getting some well-deserved R&R, and City have gone on tour.

That’s not to say anything has been said or done, but to watch a deadline expire and assume the worst is a little naive in the high stakes, very complicated and sophisticated world of international football.
I hope that's the case if we are to lose Julian, but there are no such indications/leaks whatsoever, so I am skeptical. Then, we are very good at keeping everything under the wraps this summer, so who knows...

I hope that's the case if we are to lose Julian, but there are no such indications/leaks whatsoever, so I am skeptical. Then, we are very good at keeping everything under the wraps this summer, so who knows...
If such a thing were underway, one assumes the ITKs would be a very small circle indeed.

However, I am far from ITK, so there may very well be nothing going on.

Felix's career has been in a downward spiral ever since he left Benfica. City aren't in the market for reclamation projects.

Why would we want a guy who couldn't cut it at Chelsea?

Villa were after him, which is about his level. Or was, till they qualified for the CL. Now even they are after better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.