Joao Neves

Is he better than Perrone? Who's done it in Argentina and now performing to a good standard in Spain...

I'm always wary of the next flavour of the month / Benfica gem as for every Bernardo or Ruben Dias you get a Nunez, Renato Sanches or João Felix. Decent players but not world class or good enough for us.
Not sure, if Neves in going to be in our squad and i think they want a player with same abilities to replace Neves.

Fast forward two years and Perrone is going for £100m whilst we're loaning Neves out to Juve or some such....
I liked this not because of the Neves comment I think he makes it. But letting Perrone go would be a mistake, look at Brahim Diaz now. He should get a good preseason.

Part of me wants us to bring back players like Couto and Perrone that are doing well, more to wind the world up with.

I liked this not because of the Neves comment I think he makes it. But letting Perrone go would be a mistake, look at Brahim Diaz now. He should get a good preseason.

Part of me wants us to bring back players like Couto and Perrone that are doing well, more to wind the world up with.
I've actually never seen either of them play, just a daft sardonic comment.

I have seen Couto a few times though, and genuinely don't think he's good enough. There's always the Pep coaching caveat, but whilst he looks talented and is still young obviously, he reminded me quite a lot of a less good Cancelo.

Defensively weak, losing the ball in dangerous areas and trying overly ambitious things in attack. Perhaps it was under instruction, but he looks like a player that would notch up decent stats, a nice highlight reel, but not really cut it at a top team.

Hope I'm wrong though.

I've actually never seen either of them play, just a daft sardonic comment.

I have seen Couto a few times though, and genuinely don't think he's good enough. There's always the Pep coaching caveat, but whilst he looks talented and is still young obviously, he reminded me quite a lot of a less good Cancelo.

Defensively weak, losing the ball in dangerous areas and trying overly ambitious things in attack. Perhaps it was under instruction, but he looks like a player that would notch up decent stats, a nice highlight reel, but not really cut it at a top team.

Hope I'm wrong though.

I am always hopeful that a signing like Perrone turns out to be the real deal and we have picked up a diamond.

Douglas Luiz didn't turn out too bad, so there are chances for some to do well.

neves is way better than perrone, hes in a different class. perrone is more of a poor man xabi alonso, ideal to play in a double pivot and all that, in the same age and position (nationality too) i rate federico redondo higher

We need to take him seriously, and I don't care about the price. We need new players with the potential to actually be better than what we already have. Whereas the likes of Paqueta or Bruno are wonderful players, are they going to be potentially better than KDB or Bernardo in the future?

I think the likes of Wirtz or Neves have the potential to reach those heights, so that's who we should be going after. Even if it takes some years to achieve those levels.

We need to take him seriously, and I don't care about the price. We need new players with the potential to actually be better than what we already have. Whereas the likes of Paqueta or Bruno are wonderful players, are they going to be potentially better than KDB or Bernardo in the future?

I think the likes of Wirtz or Neves have the potential to reach those heights, so that's who we should be going after. Even if it takes some years to achieve those levels.
If we don’t go in someone else will. 100+ for Enzo and Caicedo. Rice was more acceptable but still over 100.

Scouting report. I was at the Marseille-Benfica match last night. I had no idea who he was. But he was one of the best players on the pitch. The hairstyle of an older man. Very high shirt tuck (Rodri-style) maintained throughout. Neat and tidy. Never gave the ball away (or really did anything with it, to be honest). But I sat through the whole thing assuming he was their experienced old hand pulling the strings. Imagine my surprise when my mate told me he was only 18 or 19. I was very impressed.

Scouting report. I was at the Marseille-Benfica match last night. I had no idea who he was. But he was one of the best players on the pitch. The hairstyle of an older man. Very high shirt tuck (Rodri-style) maintained throughout. Neat and tidy. Never gave the ball away (or really did anything with it, to be honest). But I sat through the whole thing assuming he was their experienced old hand pulling the strings. Imagine my surprise when my mate told me he was only 18 or 19. I was very impressed.
Sounds ideal. We need more tucked in shirts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.