Joao Neves

I never mentioned Nunes. I see no reason to sell him.
Phillips probably has around £30m tied up and Cancelo maybe £20m so maybe some profit there.
I know some have adopted a ‘hope everything turns out right’ attitude to Nunes, but I can only base my opinion on his body of evidence, and in that regard I just can’t see it. Given that we apparently cannot recoup anything for Cancelo or Phillips, and the players we are linked with would push him further down the pecking order, it would be prudent to shift Nunes this summer before his marketability plummets, too.

I know some have adopted a ‘hope everything turns out right’ attitude to Nunes, but I can only base my opinion on his body of evidence, and in that regard I just can’t see it. Given that we apparently cannot recoup anything for Cancelo or Phillips, and the players we are linked with would push him further down the pecking order, it would be prudent to shift Nunes this summer before his marketability plummets, too.
Should never have bought him, why do we feel the need to help wolves out.

I can understand that "hope everything turns out alright" or "players usually perform better the second season" etc mindset when its players that have performed consistently on a high level somewhere else or if they are young and likely to take significant steps in their developments. Nunes however is 26 next season and has never had a particularly good season in a top5 league and only one season as a regular starter in the Portuguese league. Didn't like the signing when it happened and like it even less now. From my point of view little to nothing suggests he will ever be an elite level player and if an opportunity to sell him this summer arrives we should take it before his value plummet even further and we have another Kalvin Phillips situation next year.

Can there be a bidding war with a release clause, or does it then become a question of offering better personal terms?

Well if Blackburn is correct and we can’t do £100m on Bruno then Neves is out the window as well because his fee would be £103m!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.