Joe Hart (continued)

Davs 19 said:
kenzie115 said:
Davs 19 said:
I'd be more inclined to blame a dodgy defence. Harts probably close to being MOM but still his own fans find fault.

All about opinions I suppose....

Blue or not there was no need for him to come for that ball, at best he could have done no more than Smalling would have done, at worst he could have cost a goal.

As I said, he's always been a great shot stopper, but we need more than that so it's the other parts of his game that need to improve.

As I said, opinions. I think the lads had a top game.....

He has, because he's had saves to make, and that's what he's good at. However, when he plays for us he doesn't face that many shots but we need his decision making to be on the money, which tonight has again shown, it is not.

JustAnotherCityFan said:
blueste41 said:
Blue Haze said:
He's too reckless. Charged into Smalling when there was no reason to do so, looked identical to his Chelsea error.

Don't know where he got this mentality that he has to charge out all the time.

Yea he has made some great saves but there have been 2 or 3 occasions when he has come charging out when it was clearly the wrong thing to do.

For Germany's goal during the corners before it I noticed he stayed fixed to his line, and was thinking he'd learnt his lesson and was being more cautious. But then he came flying out when the ball was clearly going to be handled by Smalling. It's disappointing as that's all he really needed to work on. His shot stopping is still immense as seen tonight.
Smalling was all over the place,and was at fault for the goal.

kenzie115 said:
Davs 19 said:
kenzie115 said:
Blue or not there was no need for him to come for that ball, at best he could have done no more than Smalling would have done, at worst he could have cost a goal.

As I said, he's always been a great shot stopper, but we need more than that so it's the other parts of his game that need to improve.

He has, because he's had saves to make, and that's what he's good at. However, when he plays for us he doesn't face that many shots but we need his decision making to be on the money, which tonight has again shown, it is not.

One error didn't cost a goal, again let down by his defenders

Made some very good saves, however there was one moment which nearly ended up making him make the same mistake as he did at Chelsea.

I wish he'd stay put. I see him starting Sunday now.

grim up north said:
kenzie115 said:
Davs 19 said:

One error didn't cost a goal, again let down by his defenders

It doesn't matter that it didn't cost a goal, it could have and if he continues to make the same mistakes, it will do eventually, and it'll be more than likely when he's playing for us.

Anyone who watched him tonight and thinks the problem's solved didn't really understand the problem in the first place.

Played very well and kept the score respectful for England as it could have been 3 or 4 nill. Also on the Smalling incident Joe shouted for the ball and Smalling played shit so I don;t blame him trying to take matters in his own hands even if it did turn out to be the wrong decision.

All the signs of the old Joe are there and I;d deffo stick him in net for the next game see if he carries it on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.