Joe Hart (continued)

aguero93:20 said:
Since smalling is a rag player, I think we should forgive Hart for the desire to flatten him. ;)
Only joking, I didn't see the match but by all accounts he was fantastic apart from that, so he's done the least he could and given the manager decision to make.
I know this isn't the right thread but I figured it would be one of the busiest today, so does anyone know if all our players came through last night alright? Or do we have fresh injuries?

Yet another game you didn't see but feel confident enough to comment on Harts performance in.

He made a couple of smart saves and one very good one. He also charged out of his box for a ball he shouldn't have and completely missed it. Pretty much the same as the Chelsea game really but without the dash ending in a goal. Yet suddenly he's 'back to form' ?

FantasyIreland said:
kenzie115 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Once Joe has a settled back four in front of him,that he knows and trusts,i think we will see an end to the uncertainties that have recently plagued him.

Our injuries and subsequent disruptions have done our players,as individuals and as a team,no favours whatsoever,we have been very unlucky.

What if we don't get a settled back four?

I'd suggest even wth everyone fully fit the full backs will be rotated frequently.

The fullbacks i dont have too much of a problem rotating but we need a settled centre half partnership otherwise we will win nothing.

Hate to use them as an example but United have rotated Camel gob, Vidic and Evans over the past few years and still won trophies. Also, Bayern last season used Dante, Boateng, van Buyten and Badstuber reasonably regularly, they all played 12+ games.

I'd say it certainly helps to have a settled partnership at centre back, but it's not essential.

stonerblue said:
Since smalling is a rag player, I think we should forgive Hart for the desire to flatten him. ;)
Only joking, I didn't see the match but by all accounts he was fantastic apart from that, so he's done the least he could and given the manager decision to make.
I know this isn't the right thread but I figured it would be one of the busiest today, so does anyone know if all our players came through last night alright? Or do we have fresh injuries?

Yet another game you didn't see but feel confident enough to comment on Harts performance in.

He made a couple of smart saves and one very good one. He also charged out of his box for a ball he shouldn't have and completely missed it. Pretty much the same as the Chelsea game really but without the dash ending in a goal. Yet suddenly he's 'back to form' ?
read my post again, I didn't offer an opinion on his performance or say he was 'back to form', I simply pointed out that from the reviews I read, he played well with 1 mistake. I think you must have me confused with somebody else to be honest.

stonerblue said:

read my post again, I didn't offer an opinion on his performance or say he was 'back to form', I simply pointed out that from the reviews I read, he played well with 1 mistake. I think you must have me confused with somebody else to be honest.

But that one mistake is the same mistake that's already cost us 2 games this season. I honestly don't see why he hasn't addressed this while he's been out. It's like a kid on Fifa is holding Y rushing the keeper out mad distances.

JustAnotherCityFan said:
stonerblue said:

But that one mistake is the same mistake that's already cost us 2 games this season. I honestly don't see why he hasn't addressed this while he's been out. It's like a kid on Fifa is holding Y rushing the keeper out mad distances.
He's never been good at judging when to come out, it just seems to go under the radar a lot more when Vinnie's there, as he deals with most of those kind of situations.
We'll find out on Sunday what the manager thinks anyway.

BillyShears said:
TBH, I'd be shocked if Joe is in goal against Spurs. His charge out of his box and collision with Smalling shows just how bad his decision making currently is. He's liable to do that once a game. He needs a much longer break IMO. Bring him back early next year but for the moment Pants stays in goal as far as I'm concerned.

On this I don't entirely agree with you: I don't agree that Joe made a bad decision there. You have to see the picture from Hart's angle and you can't. However, you can see that the German player looks closer to the ball than Smalling and that Joe starts his run early. Whether Joe should have shouted keeper earlier is a fair question though.

I'm not expecting Hart to be back in goals on Sunday but I would bring him back. He simply is a better keeper than Pants. No guarantees but I think Hart might well have stopped Sunderland's goal; although I wouldn't be overly critical of Pants for that.

Hart was under huge pressure last night and acquitted himself very well. He is trying to make adjustments in his game and I think we just have to bear with him. Many aspects of a keeper's game continue to improve, even when physical deterioration starts to set in, and Hart should be a long way from his peak. He needed a break but I'd make it a short one.

JustAnotherCityFan said:
stonerblue said:

It is not the sort of weakness that can be rectified in the few weeks. It is about knowing and reading the game. Joe needs to continue working on the sweeper role expected of him.

mansour's tow ropes said:
I wouldn't bring him back just yet. Don't think its been long enough since he was dropped
I don't neither. I think Pantillimon deserves much more time to show us what he's capable of than just three games. Hart needs to work on all aspects of his game and show signs of improvement in training before he's selected again. For the amount of mistakes he's been making over such a prolongued period of time i don't think three games is long enough.

OB1 said:
BillyShears said:
TBH, I'd be shocked if Joe is in goal against Spurs. His charge out of his box and collision with Smalling shows just how bad his decision making currently is. He's liable to do that once a game. He needs a much longer break IMO. Bring him back early next year but for the moment Pants stays in goal as far as I'm concerned.

On this I don't entirely agree with you: I don't agree that Joe made a bad decision there. You have to see the picture from Hart's angle and you can't. However, you can see that the German player looks closer to the ball than Smalling and that Joe starts his run early. Whether Joe should have shouted keeper earlier is a fair question though.

I'm not expecting Hart to be back in goals on Sunday but I would bring him back. He simply is a better keeper than Pants. No guarantees but I think Hart might well have stopped Sunderland's goal; although I wouldn't be overly critical of Pants for that.

Hart was under huge pressure last night and acquitted himself very well. He is trying to make adjustments in his game and I think we just have to bear with him. Many aspects of a keeper's game continue to improve, even when physical deterioration starts to set in, and Hart should be a long way from his peak. He needed a break but I'd make it a short one.

I should start by saying that I agree ... Hart is overall a better keeper than Pants. Also take your point about Hart feeling from his angle the ball was his to win. However my concern is that upon charging out he clearly didn't make the call loud enough or clearly enough to Smalling that the ball was his (similar to what he did with Nasty at Chelsea). This for me is a big problem. As a keeper if your defender isn't listening or hasn't heard you you should be ready to get the fuck out of the way and leave the ball to the defender.

My own take on Joe's game has been that he has seemingly lost the ability to judge which ball should be his and which shouldn't. Too many times he's glued to his line when a cross comes in when quite clearly it's a ball he should be taking. Conversely he's prone to rushing off his line in moments where there really isn't any need and where there's a defender who is favourite.

For a goalkeeper not having the right judgement on when to stay on his line and when to come off it leads to catastrophic mistakes - hence why for me he should be out for longer.

Hart pulled off a couple of really good saves last night, one in each half, and had no chance with the goal. I must admit to being a little concerned that, even with the Chelsea experience still fresh in the memory, he came flying off his line to "deal" with a situation that didn't need his involvement though. I'm honestly not sure what Pellegrini will do for the Spurs game but, if I were a betting man, I'd say Pantillimon will be in goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.