Joe Hart (continued)

George Hannah said:
Bobbins said:
Fuck me this thread is tedious, Joe got dropped because he was playing shite and needed a wake up call, MP called on Pants as the clubs No2 keeper to fill as long as he deemed it necessary and to take some of the press heat off Joe !! Why do people have a hard time understanding that ?? It doesn't matter if Joe is historically a better keeper in his current form he has been shit and shipping vital points. What was Mp supposed to do? leave Joe in until we were out of the title race and then rest him ??
Very straightforward then but I wonder if Joe finds his situation tedious and, as others have pointed out, if this " wake up call" treatment would also apply to Yaya being replaced by Garcia after an indifferent spell of form or Kompany with Boyata or Silva with Milner. What Manuel should have 'deemed necessary' was to back his best player to come good and refrain from drivel about him needing a rest because he's been first choice for a long time. Did they ask Trautmann or Banks or Jennings or Schmeichel etc if they found being picked as number one long term rather wearing and whether they needed replacing with an inferior player to improve their performance?

This was definitely not an easy decision for the club and I appreciate the argument about the wider responsibilities of the management to give reserves a meaningful chance when the first choice is underperforming. The key test as to whether dropping an established player is correct is whether the team will be improved specifically as a result of his replacement with someone else.

Maybe he had been backing him but came to the tipping point in the Chelsea game !! And If Joe finds his situation tedious he should try looking on from the stands when fans have paid good money to watch him throw points away !! Managers get paid to make tough decisions, not pander to the needy !!

Also when we play in the Capital one cup and drop many of the first choice players to give them a rest is this not also weakening the team ?? Yet thats widely acceptable ! It is a squad game hence the reason we have a big squad, It is upto MP to use this squad the way he see's fit to get the results we crave and bringing Pants in for joe as yet has not cost us any points which is more than can be said for Joe.

Eccles Blue said:
FantasyIreland said:
Eccles Blue said:
You didn't answer my point about why only Joe was dropped when YaYa has been having a poor season based on his usual standard

Who would the manager replace him with?

James Milner or Jesus Navas who don't start every game but put in 100% when they are brought on.

I think you've answered your own question,Yaya at 50% is a better option than either of the above,regardless of perceived effort.

The need for capable cover in the middle of the park is,like centre half,a priority.So far,we have been fortunate(ish) with injuries to our first choice pairing,however,this could change anytime and also fatigue needs to be factored.

Rodwells return will hopefully be long term as it will definitely ease the burden.

Eccles Blue said:
FantasyIreland said:
Eccles Blue said:
You didn't answer my point about why only Joe was dropped when YaYa has been having a poor season based on his usual standard

James Milner or Jesus Navas who don't start every game but put in 100% when they are brought on.

Milner is 50% the player of Toure we all know this.

And Navas plays in a totally different position which ruins that argument.

Back on topic.......

Pellegrini: "Joe Hart, I think he played very, very well the other day. We trust a lot in him and we will see who will start on Sunday''

ManCityTom said:
Eccles Blue said:
FantasyIreland said:

Milner is 50% the player of Toure we all know this.

And Navas plays in a totally different position which ruins that argument.

Navas is down as a midfielder and therefore should be able to play midfield surely? Plus Milner might not always be as fast as YaYa but at least he gives 100% whereas YaYa needs a kick up the back side most matches and doesn't give 100%. BUT the thread is about Joe and whether he should have been dropped for poor play, my point was if he is dropped why isn't YaYa so this will be my last answer on YaYa's replacement in this thread. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.