Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Hart can. Just as well as any other keeper.
This.
Anyone who says he can't is being disingenuous at best or a hater at worst.
For example, when done in training he wins the cross bar challenge nearly every time and his keepy up skills are extremely good.
The fact is our defence has been static and totally unconfident on the ball for neigh on 3 years now should tell you the truth of it.- Liverpool at home last season being the prime example. Till that's fixed no keeper in the world would look good behind it building from the back. Arsenal showed how far we are from getting anywhere near what Pep wants. still 3 players who probably can were missing so it will get better...

Last edited:
I'll take top 3 right now if someone offered it.

Personally I think we have had a great window and the targets/players he wanted are here.

However the pre season/commercial venture was shocking preparation and a lot of the new lads haven't integrated in the way they should.

It's going to take time to settle down, and he will have players that he thinks are deadwood but will probably have to work with.

This is the long game. We have waited 4 years to bring him here and now we have him. 1 more isn't going to kill us.

Although his methodology is going to make the matchday threads on here unbearable.
My thoughts exactly.

We could see a complete reverse of last season. We could lose our first five games, everyone has a meltdown, everyone cries about what the media says about us, then we go unbeaten for the whole of the rest of the season in the Prem and finish second and win the FA Cup.

It will take time for his methods to sink into the squad's fabric. Some of them may never get it. But I honestly think Joe will and all the talk on him will settle down just like the squad's performances will on the whole.

It is not a chicken and egg sutuation people.
With the defence and midfield we deployed against Arsenal, NO keeper in the world (even Neuer) would be able to demonstrate good distribution. It got worse in the second half too with the change in personnel.
For keepers to do their thing in Pep's schemes the defence and midfield have to be confident on the ball, they have to put a serious shift in, have vision, great passing ability, be able to exploit space and run with the ball and make themselves available for a pass.
Who do we have that can do this? Who showed this against Arsenal?
We have Stones, Otamendi and Fernandinho and possibly Vince who I expect to be capable from the of. So only Fernandinho against Arsenal.
With the exception of Delph, who was OK, the rest of them failed. That said from earlier games I think Garcia looks capable and Tosin would probably be OK in a side of capable players.
Early days maybe, but not a good sign so close to the start of the season. To blame Joe or Willy for any of that on Sunday is totally laughable and can only show a preconception of failure (maybe hate for some). They both found players in space two or three times in each passage of play before they had to clear it or make a save due to loss if possession or close attendance of pressing Arsenal players.
Barcelona can play the ball into the feet of defenders who have a man on them. I saw Sevilla and Real Madrid pay football in their own penalty area, but that is because all their players are comfortable on the ball. Against Arsenal our biggest weakness was defenders gifting possession to Arsenal forwards, but no Joe hart can't pass the ball. If he doesn't pass the ball to a defender there is a reason why. The whole team has to pass and move and get used to playing the way Guardiola wants but I don't get the assumption that hart can't handle that. I have always thought he is quite a good footballer. He does slow play down sometimes when he takes the ball and doesn't release it as quick as I would like, but that's a different point. Nothing to do with his ability on the ball.

Barcelona can play the ball into the feet of defenders who have a man on them. I saw Sevilla and Real Madrid pay football in their own penalty area, but that is because all their players are comfortable on the ball. Against Arsenal our biggest weakness was defenders gifting possession to Arsenal forwards, but no Joe hart can't pass the ball. If he doesn't pass the ball to a defender there is a reason why. The whole team has to pass and move and get used to playing the way Guardiola wants but I don't get the assumption that hart can't handle that. I have always thought he is quite a good footballer. He does slow play down sometimes when he takes the ball and doesn't release it as quick as I would like, but that's a different point. Nothing to do with his ability on the ball.

The ball was played to feet by both Willy and Joe. The frightened squirrels who received it in space did nothing with it except pass it back or give it away.

The obvious player we have who is happy to receive the ball to feet and has the strength to hold off challenges until he can find a pass is Yaya. If Pep can find a way to use him in this way without restricting him to a defensive midfield role where he is useless when attackers run at him we might see a renaissance this season.

It is not a chicken and egg sutuation people.
With the defence and midfield we deployed against Arsenal, NO keeper in the world (even Neuer) would be able to demonstrate good distribution. It got worse in the second half too with the change in personnel.
For keepers to do their thing in Pep's schemes the defence and midfield have to be confident on the ball, they have to put a serious shift in, have vision, great passing ability, be able to exploit space and run with the ball and make themselves available for a pass.
Who do we have that can do this? Who showed this against Arsenal?
We have Stones, Otamendi and Fernandinho and possibly Vince who I expect to be capable from the of. So only Fernandinho against Arsenal.
With the exception of Delph, who was OK, the rest of them failed. That said from earlier games I think Garcia looks capable and Tosin would probably be OK in a side of capable players.
Early days maybe, but not a good sign so close to the start of the season. To blame Joe or Willy for any of that on Sunday is totally laughable and can only show a preconception of failure (maybe hate for some). They both found players in space two or three times in each passage of play before they had to clear it or make a save due to loss if possession or close attendance of pressing Arsenal players.

They were guilty of some fairly shit goalkeeping, especially kicking. That isn't Kolarov or Fernando's fault. Willy was fucking awful on a couple of occasions which should have been no problem but at least made the effort, Joe didn't even bother trying to make an effort to practice it & still gave the ball to Arsenal anyway. The equivalent performance in this system, from outfield players is getting absolutely slaughtered on here. They are expected to play out of position & 'get it' & are getting hung for getting it wrong.

But it's ok for the keeper to go 'nah, fuck it, I might get it wrong'.

Not fair.

This.
Anyone who says he can't is being disingenuous at best or a hater at worst.
For example, when done in training he wins the cross bar challenge nearly every time and his keepy up skills are extremely good.
The fact is our defence has been static and totally unconfident on the ball for neigh on 3 years now should tell you the truth of it.- Liverpool at home last season being the prime example. Till that's fixed no keeper in the world would look good behind it building from the back. Arsenal showed how far we are from getting anywhere near what Pep wants. still 3 players who probably can were missing so it will get better...

LMFAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.