Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'll accept any changes he makes to be fair even though I don't think this will be one, there's no point in bringing him if you are going to second guess him and moan about learning process the team will have to go through it will require patience but I think it will be very worth the odd defeat in the early stages of our transition. Some of our more moany blues will have to learn to suck it up for the greater good.

I'll take top 3 right now if someone offered it.

Personally I think we have had a great window and the targets/players he wanted are here.

However the pre season/commercial venture was shocking preparation and a lot of the new lads haven't integrated in the way they should.

It's going to take time to settle down, and he will have players that he thinks are deadwood but will probably have to work with.

This is the long game. We have waited 4 years to bring him here and now we have him. 1 more isn't going to kill us.

Although his methodology is going to make the matchday threads on here unbearable.

Fucking lol

His methods mate are way out there. Read his book if you haven't already. Great documentary on sky last night as well.

He's a complex guy, and you could probably level the same question to him.

A lot of posters on this board are very black and white and will find it a challenge understanding the man.

He said it in his first press conference. Fasten your seat belts

Read one book and it's part of the reason I, personally, respect Guillem Balague as a journo.

Perhaps I could level that question at him here but I'm not in his Taxi ;)

Personally I think we have had a great window and the targets/players he wanted are here.

However the pre season/commercial venture was shocking preparation and a lot of the new lads haven't integrated in the way they should.

It's going to take time to settle down, and he will have players that he thinks are deadwood but will probably have to work with.

This is the long game. We have waited 4 years to bring him here and now we have him. 1 more isn't going to kill us.

Although his methodology is going to make the matchday threads on here unbearable.
Yeah the pre-season wasn't perfect especially with all the international tournaments ontop of it. I'm expecting a few melt downs but I don't know we be lucky and things accelerate faster than we could hope for for once.

+1

Totally agree with this. It will take time for his methods to be realised on the pitch and the fans just need to hang in there when we do make clangers implementing it. Once done though, we will be a sight to behold

I like Joe Hart as a keeper I think he is one of the top 10 keepers in the world, and would be gutted to see him go, but if he can't play the way pep wants and can't adjust then he might have to move on, would be a said day because Joe has been right up there with yaya Vinny,Kun and a few more who have brought us trophy's.

Hart is a fantastic keeper, anyone with half a cell knows that, he seems to have lost his way a bit for me recently, I think Pep will try and work with him and see how it goes, if he is willing to learn, I think he can get back to his best.

Maybe its time for a change of goalkeeping coach? Ultimately if he carries on the way he has been recently he will be dropped and who knows, maybe shipped out, I sincerely hope not, he's been brilliant for us all in all and City through and through.

It is not a chicken and egg sutuation people.
With the defence and midfield we deployed against Arsenal, NO keeper in the world (even Neuer) would be able to demonstrate good distribution. It got worse in the second half too with the change in personnel.
For keepers to do their thing in Pep's schemes the defence and midfield have to be confident on the ball, they have to put a serious shift in, have vision, great passing ability, be able to exploit space and run with the ball and make themselves available for a pass.
Who do we have that can do this? Who showed this against Arsenal?
We have Stones, Otamendi and Fernandinho and possibly Vince who I expect to be capable from the of. So only Fernandinho against Arsenal.
With the exception of Delph, who was OK, the rest of them failed. That said from earlier games I think Garcia looks capable and Tosin would probably be OK in a side of capable players.
Early days maybe, but not a good sign so close to the start of the season. To blame Joe or Willy for any of that on Sunday is totally laughable and can only show a preconception of failure (maybe hate for some). They both found players in space two or three times in each passage of play before they had to clear it or make a save due to loss if possession or close attendance of pressing Arsenal players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.