Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are your basing that on the pre season friendlies when this system was new to everyone?

They have had a little more time now to adjust and the CBs will be developing also. We need to just see how things pan out.

Being honest, do you think Joe has good distribution skills?

Wasting your energy.

It comes down to one simple difference. Willy did what he was asked to do. Guardiola doesn't mind errors as long as you follow instructions.

Some people on here just aren't grasping it and think that Joe's distribution is ok. I swear I'm watching different football matches sometimes

And I suspect Pep is aware and prepared for that as he knows when we eventually get our act together it is for the long term better
If Hart isn't playing today that's a manager making a statement, and I'd suggest the rumours are true and Joe is toast.

Willy is not a good goal keeper as in keeping it out of the net,if he can dance with the ball at his feet means nothing if he is poor at keeping the goals out,i have seen enough last year when he only kept one or two clean sheets

Then Karen you are not going to enjoy this year lol!

If we don't get a keeper I think Willy will be the number 1.

I dont hate Joes distribution, as in I personally don't see that the as a big enough reason to dump him. What I really dont like about Joe is his constant habit of sticking to the line and not coming out of his box, be it for one on ones or for crosses. He is very suspect with corners/crosses. I have seen a lot of times that Joe hesitates and thinks twice about coming off the line to collect the ball even if the odds are in his favour compared to the attacker and suddenly the chance becomes a one on one which it shouldn't have. Tough to explain it on here, but its more clearer in my head haha.

Also those quotes from Pep are quite clear about him not being happy with Harts distribution and he isn't going to wait around to see if it improves.

I know exactly what you mean mate.
A keeper with a good timing is able to rule his box and pick down any long cross or free kick. All about timing and confidence.
Next thing is a quick distribution and the counter is under way... Speed is a weapon against modern defensive football.

It's very simple - Pep plays possession football and if 50%+ of the time the ball goes to the goalkeeper we give away possession then that is no different than having a midfielder who does the same.

How quickly would a midfielder be out of the team?

A big mistake then,by all means replace joe if he can't adapt,i think it is too early to judge that,but get a proper keeper in

And this is where Pep is 20 steps ahead. He's already judged it. As I'm sure he has with several others as well

It's very simple - Pep plays possession football and if 50%+ of the time the ball goes to the goalkeeper we give away possession then that is no different than having a midfielder who does the same.

How quickly would a midfielder be out of the team?

Exactly. I'm not sure why people find this so hard to understand.

Ridiculous to get to the first day of the season without really knowing who's going to play in net. We've had all summer to bring in a keeper. As good as it is to stockpile youth and work on complicated deals involving buy back clauses (Rulli) we have seemingly overly concentrated on that at the expense of the 'here and now', evidenced by the fact that we have only really brought in one player who genuinely improves the starting 11.

Rumour popped up on citywatch, quoting someone who had early knowledge of the St Johnstone friendly, that we've signed Ter Stegen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.