Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous to get to the first day of the season without really knowing who's going to play in net. We've had all summer to bring in a keeper. As good as it is to stockpile youth and work on complicated deals involving buy back clauses (Rulli) we have seemingly overly concentrated on that at the expense of the 'here and now', evidenced by the fact that we have only really brought in one player who genuinely improves the starting 11.

I think, quite rightly, Pep wanted to give Joe a chance of proving himself. People would have been up in arms if he hadn't.

It's very simple - Pep plays possession football and if 50%+ of the time the ball goes to the goalkeeper we give away possession then that is no different than having a midfielder who does the same.

How quickly would a midfielder be out of the team?

Is "MCFCjustsayin" reliable? He's claiming that Ter Stegen is done and Joe has played his last game for City, instructed to find a new club immediately.

There has to be more to this. Something off the field maybe.

I know Joe has his limitations with his distribution, but you don't drop him for a keeper that's even worse in that department.

His days have been numbered before Pep even joined the club, Ter Stegen links started in March.

Something stinks and it doesn't add up. I'm not against replacing him with better, but he deserves better treatment than this, unless he's done something unforgivable off the field.

Is anyone feel baffled like me. Joe is a great shot stopper and leader in the dressing room and ENGLISH. I thought we had to use an English quota.

Pep knows best I suppose but I cant say I understand it.
We've currently got five English trained players - Hart, Stones, Clichy, Delph & Sterling - and can use up to 8 in the PL but only 4 in the CL.

I like Hart as a person and whilst he has never really got much better, for me, he is city through and through and always makes the effort after the games to acknowledge the fans at away games (or from what I have seen). However if the manager thinks he isn't good enough then we have to trust him. It is ludicrous that we are kicking off the season though with so much doubt about the defence and keeper. If keeper is the most important position to Pep then we should be paying whatever it takes to get the best in the business. I am not overly excited about our signings so far. I still think we are risking it up front with heavy reliance on Aguero and haven't really got anyone to do Silva's job if he isn't playing.

Hart has had a poor summer though and for me he wasn't great last season with too many sloppy goals conceded that he should perhaps have saved. One of the best in the world at saves to his right but weak on his left and with his distribution.

It will still be a shame to see him go though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.