Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF the rumour is true I think it's a bad move by Pep. Will create a bit of a media circus around the club and destabilise us when we need a steady start. If he's going to drop joe he should wait until we've got his replacement. Willy isn't good enough.
If Joe's going, he'll know already. You can't risk a goalkeeper who knows he is toast.

joe got caught by attackers putting the block on whilst attempting to punt the ball upfield in open play...this he done a good few times whilst having plenty of time/space to evaluate the park but stuttered that long the opposition attacker fancied the close down with a vigour..he even still attempted the big punt with the attacker moving in to his kicking corridor...that's shit play...truth is he aint the coolest of cats...his other barmy trick was runnung away from the ball to create leverage for a punt..seen him do that and the attacker got a foot on the ball with it thankfully not rebounding into his net but bounced back off joe for a corner...bizarrely he started screaming at the ref (not a scooby) like the ref should'nt have give a corner and presumably the attacker should'.nt go for the ball when joe is running away from it....you'd think a unit like joe would be able to kick a football left or right footed into the opponents half without first running away from the ball to do a little lads impression of a dead ball kick

I was cringing when hoddle picked up on joes lack of a quick step when trying to dive for a free kick that was obviously unsavable without first moving his feet...he never actually called him shit but said obviously the save is made with the feet-first...his following the flight of a ball with his head whilst having his feet planted is a belting trick....for the opposition.

Last edited:
I've not discounted what a ball playing keeper can do for us. you referred to valdes who is an average keeper, but because he can play out the back thats alright. i just dont see the need to change one of the best keepers in the league because he can't pass a 40 years ball straight to someones feet. if your talking about simple passing out the back hart can do that. what will help him thus year is actually having defenders comfortable with the ball and who want to be passed to.

Valdes was an average keeper?? Bloody hell, I'll take that average any day of the week and twice on Sunday....

Firstly, we don't want him launching it 40 yards in the first place, he does that because he lacks composure and unable to think fast enough under pressure, however, at least if you're going to launch it be bloody good at it..

Secondly, he can't play out from the back under pressure, the defensive line you've become accustomed to under manuel should be erased from your memory. Hart has been targeted by savvy coaches for over 2 years, applied pressure sees him become shaky, the system we are going to play now, is even more demanding as the opposition is going to be invited on to us!!!

How many of the above are integral to the system??

It's also integral for his keeper to be able to play out, I thought we'd established this?? There's a reason he has had the best defensive unit every year he has been a coach.. Valdes wasnt half the shot stopper hart is, what he possessed was an ability to keep hold of the ball without panicking. So there is no dilemma, the fundamentals to how we defend starts from the back and not allowing the opposition much possession, you can't have that with a keeper who is average with his distribution!!

I'd be less inclined to panic if I had Barca or Bayern's defence in front of me!
I'd say if the keeper being able to play the ball out from the back is integral, then so is the defence he's playing it out too - which includes Clichy and Kolarov. I'd say every single position on the pitch is integral to the system. 5-10% down will probably lose you the league in the PL. Probably not in Germany.

I don't think Joe's the weakest link, but if an opportunity arises to upgrade in his position, yes, we should take it - sometimes, it's all about timing / opportunity. But if there's a specific focus on a keeper upgrade ahead of all else, then that would be a worry (to me).

And as much as Hart is criticised for his distribution (which I do often!) - I've seen plenty of times when's he's been looking to distribute early and the rest of the team showing little urgency - and thus the opportunity is gone (i.e. it's not ALL his fault!).

If we're going to play it out from the back as a matter of course - there's not much point in Joe playing it to Kolarov / Clichy / Mangala etc unless they are equally as comfortable with it, and I'm not sure they are.

I've not discounted what a ball playing keeper can do for us. you referred to valdes who is an average keeper, but because he can play out the back thats alright. i just dont see the need to change one of the best keepers in the league because he can't pass a 40 years ball straight to someones feet. if your talking about simple passing out the back hart can do that. what will help him thus year is actually having defenders comfortable with the ball and who want to be passed to.

But Pep doesn't want simple passes out of the back, and also Hart lacks composure with the ball under pressure. Any keeper can make simple passes out of the back, but Pep's keeper needs to help start the attack and be able to also have a good first touch, whilst being able to make swift, accurate passes to defenders who will likely be marked since we will face pressure with hopes we give the ball away.

You trust Joe Hart to be able to manage that with a high level of confidence? I don't think our defenders will and that is also likely going to lead to increased nervousness on their part, or frustration.

We cannot afford to keep Joe under this system unless he becomes a new player, most likely, and that is not so likely to happen. If he is dropped today he will have to prove himself. I hope he does, as I am of course a huge fan of his, what he has meant to the club's success, and his history of loyalty. Yet, we need to win games Pep's way. The manager runs the team, not the keeper.

Valdes was an average keeper?? Bloody hell, I'll take that average any day of the week and twice and Sunday....

Firstly, we don't want him launching it 40 yards in the first place, he does that because he lacks composure and unable to think fast enough under pressure, however, at least if you're going to launch it be bloody good at it..

Secondly, he can't play out from the back under pressure, the defensive line you've become accustomed to under manuel should be erased from your memory. Hart has been targeted by savvy coaches for over 2 years, applied pressure sees him become shaky, the system we are going to play now, is even more demanding as the opposition is going to be invited on to us!!!

yes imo valdes was an average keeper, the team in front of him made him and the system. would have hart over him anyday. if their are no passes on he has to launch it 40 yards, he can't pass it out every time. we are never going to agree on this haha

But Pep doesn't want simple passes out of the back, and also Hart lacks composure with the ball under pressure. Any keeper can make simple passes out of the back, but Pep's keeper needs to help start the attack and be able to also have a good first touch, whilst being able to make swift, accurate passes to defenders who will likely be marked since we will face pressure with hopes we give the ball away.

You trust Joe Hart to be able to manage that with a high level of confidence? I don't think our defenders will and that is also likely going to lead to increased nervousness on their part, or frustration.

We cannot afford to keep Joe under this system unless he becomes a new player, most likely, and that is not so likely to happen. If he is dropped today he will have to prove himself. I hope he does, as I am of course a huge fan of his, what he has meant to the club's success, and his history of loyalty. Yet, we need to win games Pep's way. The manager runs the team, not the keeper.

the big difference for me over the next year say is the type of defenders we are bringing in will be confident with the ball. with players like mangala i dont think you can risk playing out at the back.

yes imo valdes was an average keeper, the team in front of him made him and the system. would have hart over him anyday. if their are no passes on he has to launch it 40 yards, he can't pass it out every time. we are never going to agree on this haha

Sadly mate, we are miles off on this one, I'll just leave it with 'trust in pep'

And

Joe couldnt pass an eye exam (:

If Hart is going to leave, I so hope it is bigger club than Everton - a champions league club.

Don't see it in England as every keeper is set ... If bravo is staying... Would he be a good no. 2 at Barca? Hart is a quality quality keeper and would over take bravo eventually.. He is 29 and keepers get better with age is the common belief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.