Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be crazy to sell hart.....

Firstlt it would be difficult to find another keeper as good.

Secondly if we got a fpreign keeper as a replacement it woyld mean we would need another english/homegrown pkayer as an outfield player in the squad.....and virtually all of them are way below the quality we require

For those that can remember, this debate is like the Dibble-Coton one.

We bought Coton for £1m, and after a time we all knew why. Best keeper we've had imo.

Back to the thread, I don't want Joe to leave, but £40m for a keeper that can't catch or distribute by kicking accurately (passing), seems a starting point for a deal to be struck. Maybe Stones + £10m for Hart now that would put a different slant on things.

I trust in Pep.

For those that can remember, this debate is like the Dibble-Coton one.

We bought Coton for £1m, and after a time we all knew why. Best keeper we've had imo.

Back to the thread, I don't want Joe to leave, but £40m for a keeper that can't catch or distribute by kicking accurately (passing), seems a starting point for a deal to be struck. Maybe Stones + £10m for Hart now that would put a different slant on things.

I trust in Pep.
Everton to spend 40m.
on a keeper.
Who makes up this shit.

I certainly wouldn't put it past Pep to seriously consider selling Hart, nor would I put it past Hart to have no qualms about leaving, despite the show he puts on. The only thing I really worry about is the reaction of certain fans towards Pep in the event of Hart's sale. If, and I place emphasis on if, he is sold then I'm grateful for his service, though while he's a likeable bloke and I've enjoyed his passion, I've never truly fell into the belief that he's blue through & through. Who knows, maybe he's determined to stay, evolve his game and be part of a special new period. It'd be nice.

Everton to spend 40m.
on a keeper.
Who makes up this shit.

I'm just playing "Devils Advocate". Everton could spend £40m on a keeper, in fact every single Premier League team could this season with the new TV deal including Burnley.

However for example if we really want Stones say for £50m, but they want Hart for £40m in a part ex, they would effectively get Hart for nothing, but we'd get Stones for £10m.

What will be will be. It's the Sun so we shouldn't take any notice. but we are just fans chewing the fat in close season.

Sentiment aside, I think selling Joe for £40m and getting Ter Stegen for £20m would be fantastic business.

Joe has inherent flaws to his game which make him ill suited to play in a Guardiola side, Ter Stegen is a perfect fit and is a great goalkeeper in his own right, he's the much younger player too.

We'd get a great fee for Joe and would be able to put the £20m profit towards strengthening other areas of the squad. That cash injection might even help us fund a move for Pogba.

It'd be sad to see Joe go, and unpalatable as it would be to see him go to Everton, it would undoubtedly make business sense and sense from a football perspective. It'd make us stronger IMO.

I'd be happy with it, personally - all things considered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.