Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hart HAS been harshly treated by Pep. I get that he wants to stamp his authority on the side, but splashing out £17m on Bravo who is 33 years old is crazy considering we have Hart, who is simply just low on confidence. There is no doubt that Bravo is a top class keeper but Hart just needs an arm round the shoulder and he has the mentality to get back to the form we all know he is capable of. What he and Pellegrini see in Caballero is beyond me. Shaky is an understatement.

I dont think he has but because you shouted he has, can you explain exactly how?

I think both Pep and Joe have been tactful. I wouldn't go so far as to suggest there's a huge rift, but I think both know where they stand.
If you have a new manager at work, and he decided to demote you so rapidly, saying he's very fair minded and he's simply choosing the best man for the job - but it's not you. You can 'learn' of course, but the faith in you simply isn't there.
Pep isn't saying 'you're good right now, and I want to make you better' - he's saying you're not as good as you think you are, and whilst you could improve, it's going to take too long. So I'm going to promote your number 2, then bring in another guy to take over.

There's no positive way to interpret that - not really. You simply aren't in the reckoning and your position is untenable. And that's before any other factors we aren't aware of.

Pep said willy had a fully pre-season and he liked how he took on board his ideas so he played him,he also said he is not saying that joe can't do it but needs time to learn,if joe does stay i think the no 2 will be up for grabs providing joe learns fast
I hope joe gets a move and not to the relegation teams some twats have suggested

I may be wrong Kaz but I think that ship has sailed because I think there is a rift between the two and Pep may not be willing to invest such time on him

I dont think he has but because you shouted he has, can you explain exactly how?

Sure! How has he not? Every keeper goes through a bad spell of form, Hart in general has been a solid keeper for us for years and deserves better treatment. It just seems a bit erratic to suggest that he is suddenly not part of our plans just because of a few iffy games and spending £7m on a 33 year old keeper.

Hart has the potential to thrive under Guardiola but hasn't even been given the chance. Why now and not next summer with a full season under his belt under new leadership? Just doesn't make sense. It's all political if you ask me.

Hope this doesn't come across as being a silly question. But if Joe is going to become #2 behind Bravo, why was he not #1 ahead of Willy?

According to the Times he might be #4 if he stays. Apparently Pep really likes Gunn and he will get most of the EDS games.

Its quite likely that story has been leaked to increase the pressure on Joe to find another club. But there's some logic to it. Hart will not be in the CL squad, Gunn will be eligible for PL & CL games so it makes sense to make sure that Gunn is ready if Bravo and/or Caballero pick up injuries.

I may be wrong Kaz but I think that ship has sailed because I think there is a rift between the two and Pep may not be willing to invest such time on him
On what do you base your repeated assertion that there is a rift? i have not seen any proof of a rift aside from some bloke on the internet saying so and repeated by everyone as fact

Sure! How has he not? Every keeper goes through a bad spell of form, Hart in general has been a solid keeper for us for years and deserves better treatment. It just seems a bit erratic to suggest that he is suddenly not part of our plans just because of a few iffy games and spending £7m on a 33 year old keeper.

Hart has the potential to thrive under Guardiola but hasn't even been given the chance. Why now and not next summer with a full season under his belt under new leadership? Just doesn't make sense. It's all political if you ask me.

It's nothing to do with a few iffy games though is it? You make it seem like he's on his way out due to dropping a few clangers which seemingly isn't the case at all. He just isn't the right keeper for the way Guardiola wants us to play and Guardiola clearly doesn't think he has the potential to thrive in that system.

On what do you base your repeated assertion that there is a rift? i have not seen any proof of a rift aside from some bloke on the internet saying so and repeated by everyone as fact
Mainly from the body language between the two and the way Joe conducted his post match interview. As I said, I may be wrong but I genuinely believe Pep wants Joe out and soon if poss.

According to the Times he might be #4 if he stays. Apparently Pep really likes Gunn and he will get most of the EDS games.

Its quite likely that story has been leaked to increase the pressure on Joe to find another club. But there's some logic to it. Hart will not be in the CL squad, Gunn will be eligible for PL & CL games so it makes sense to make sure that Gunn is ready if Bravo and/or Caballero pick up injuries.

it could be argued that if joe was to stay in effect he would clog up the system by preventing Gun getting important match time, i don't think Hart is the type to run his contract down and sit on his back side and collect his wages however he is going to have to lower his sights a little if he wants to stay in England, i'm sure a top club would be in for him if any of them needed a keeper but they don't at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.