Joe Hart + Mancini's Comments

Mancio said:
johnmc said:
Champions2012! said:
Joe was the only reason we were still alive in the first half

Which save would a top class keeper not have made. If any shot he saved went in we would have blamed him. I'm a Hart fan. Just saying every save he made we would have expected him to save and at least one of the goals he should have done better.

'm glad to finally find someone who has not done to brainwash

Did you see my post from a few pages back? What do you think the solution is....do we persevere with Joe because he's young and we know he'll improve and he's already a top keeper even if he isn't the finished article. Or do we bring someone in who is real competition?

BillyShears said:
Mancio said:
johnmc said:
Which save would a top class keeper not have made. If any shot he saved went in we would have blamed him. I'm a Hart fan. Just saying every save he made we would have expected him to save and at least one of the goals he should have done better.

'm glad to finally find someone who has not done to brainwash

Did you see my post from a few pages back? What do you think the solution is....do we persevere with Joe because he's young and we know he'll improve and he's already a top keeper even if he isn't the finished article. Or do we bring someone in who is real competition?

from my little football knowledge i'd say its almost impossible to improve feet quality on a 25 years old keeper , so i believe hart will never been good at distribution. at least not as good as a modern football top team goalkeeper MUST be.

i also dont think he can improve more than a little on his left hand liability.

experience will improive his decision making , his timing , so he'll choice better if and when come out for a cross and similar things , but his overall level will not change a lot.

so i think his city's days are countered. and if he wasnt english he could already have been sold.

BillyShears said:

Dunno about anyone else. I'm happy to "persevere" with a top young goalie who really cares about his trade and have Panty Lemons in the wings, thanks.

the comments on this thread prove conclusively that "trial by jury" should be abandoned forthwith. How can a short conversation between a player and a reporter, followed by a conversation with the manager and the reporter, in total barely a sound-bite, be construed in so many ways. Every one saw it, heard what was said , read into it whatever suited their agenda/angle bias pre-formed opinion and gave their verdicts.
No wonder criminals always demand a trial by jury and no wonder so many walk free.

BillyShears said:
Been rumblings since the season began about Joe's weaknesses. As much as I thought he was absolutely superb in the first half and no-one can argue with his general shot stopping ability, personally I think he should've saved their second equaliser all day long. He's young and will no doubt get better, but it's a shame to see a weakness of his exploited in that manner.

I actually thought midway through the first half, Mourinho's not done his homework properly. Firing shots at Joe from the left hand side isn't really going to trouble him.

I also think Mancini's comments after the game about what Joe said were completely unnecessary. I really don't understand why he feels the need to exert his authority in such a manner when what Joe said was absolutely spot on. Clearly he was as angry with himself as he was with his defenders, and for Mancini to have a go at him was unwarranted and disappointing.

United fans don't mind Fergie keeping his players in their place - it's well known you don't like Mancini so you always look for some reason to jump on him. However, that said - Anyone on hear criticising Hart must be mad or red

Mancio said:
from my little football knowledge i'd say its almost impossible to improve feet quality on a 25 years old keeper , so i believe hart will never been good at distribution. at least not as good as a modern football top team goalkeeper MUST be.

experience will improive his decision making , his timing , so he'll choice better if and when come out for a cross and similar things , but his overall level will not change a lot.

so i think his city's days are countered. and if he wasnt english he could already have been sold.

A perfect own goal, Italian style.

sir baconface said:
Mancio said:

A perfect own goal, Italian style.

own goal ?? why ?? isnt there an english contingent rule ???

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I would like to see Mancini be briefed a little better by our PR people before going immediately in front of the camera.

Hart was very candid, didn't say anything wrong for me, but I do think Joe is starting to believe a little too much in what he believes the wider public want and need to hear?

Perhaps a little too self-aware at present and needs to get back to letting his goalkeeping speak for him on a more consistent basis.

I don't think mixing with half those England pricks does him any favours.

very very well said.the hype is taking over our keeper, perhaps understandably. keep your mouth shut joe,avoid controversy and concentrate on your own game.

isnt iker supposed to be the worlds best goalie?

joe hart did better than him. much better

The Fat el Hombre said:
Don't think Mancini should be criticising Joe. Thought Joe showed a great attitude and was clearly very hurt and disappointed, not a good time to criticize the lad and no need

Joe was very upset at the time and had a camera shoved in his face, said it how it was! The media have been trying to stir up trouble between Bobby and Jose all week and they looked like the best of friends before the game! Joe said nothing bad about any other player but as a team with 5 mins to go in a winning position they have no1 to blame but themselves and should of won! He's a nice guy, had he of stormed past the reporters pushing away the cameras like i'm sure he felt like doing i'm sure we'd be talking about that instead!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.