Joe Hart + Mancini's Comments

gio's side step said:
CityCTID said:
gio's side step said:
What makes me laugh even more on this forum, is that there genuinely are people who think 'Mancini is the only personal allowed to be critical of the team's performance' (and that also extends to us fans aswell!).

Unbelievable.

This Joe Hart incident is a perfect example of weeding out the winners and those merely intend on gazing around at the wonders of the Bernabeu drinking sangria and marvelling at how far we've come.

We should be backing Hart for speaking the truth. He didnt criticise individual players (himself included) - he merely noted the point that a winning team (with strong self belief) should not lose the game 3-2 when 2-1 up in the latter stages. That's correct. We aren't some obscure danish club who have done well to qualify. We are the English champions. How many times we have played in the CL is only an argument for those riddled in self deception and want to be reassured every second that we did infact play shite clubs 13 years ago.

Let's move on and exist in the present.
No, Hart should keep his mouth shot

As should we?

Well said sir!

Mancio said:
Blue Heaven said:
macmanson said:
Not a Mancini out comment, but this isn't new. He's been criticizing players publicly since he first arrived. In the beginning, nobody cared because he was only doing it to players that were seen as not important. He was accused of having the exact same behavior at Inter Milan. It's poor man management in my opinion, but not everybody tries to be an arm around the shoulder manager.

Fair point about different managerial styles, and the very public criticisms of some of his players by Mancio may yield some positive short-term results (Micah, AJ, etc.), but over the long run, they are likely to have a corrosive effect on the relationship between manager and squad. If Mancio, who is an excellent tactical manager and trainer, wasn't such a disaster as a man-manager, he wouldn't feel the need to enlist the media's assistance in properly motivating some of his charges. It was widely reported at the time that when Moratti had the Inter squad polled as to whether or not they wished to see Mancio retained as manager, not a single player voted for him, let alone stood up for him, including the players he brought to the club. Losing control of the dressing room at Inter was a huge part of why he was finally sacked there. His fly-off-the-cuff answers at post-match pressers was another reason. Surely no one has forgotten how, after the CL loss to Liverpool, Mancio blew up and announced in the middle of the presser that he was quitting Inter as of the end of the Serie A season. Of course, the next day, he did a 180 and took it back. Sound familiar? (So-and-so will never play for me again...)

Look, I like the guy a lot, and he's a marvellous tactician, for the most part, but he has never been able to get along with anyone. During his long and glorious Serie A career, he openly and bitterly squabbled with referees, his own managers, and his own teammates (and players on other clubs). At Inter, he feuded with club officials and his own players, including some of his own purchases. At City, he has had problems with first Cook, then Marwood, the medical staff, and many players. If I didn't know better, I could swear that he must be the second coming of van Gaal...!!

It will be really interesting to see how Soriano deals with Mancio and his big temper. I would be stunned if he hasn't been read the riot act several times by Chaiman Khaldoon already. One other note - why doesn't the City PR staff send someone to sit in with Mancio during pressers (as "interpreter"...;-) ), or send Platt out to do some of these?

in your post there is more shit than in the belly of an elephant.

reading the shit you've written one wonders why Mancini was coach 4 years at Inter, a club where with president Moratti has changed 25 coaches in 17 years.

and one wonders how idiots must be those idiots that have just extended mancini's contract for five years.

There is NO shit in the belly of an elephant, but most likely quite a bit in its rectum...

Nothing I've posted here has anything to do with why Mancio coached at Inter - the answer to that lies in the reasons that Moratti & Co. hired him, n'est-ce pas?

Mancio's new five-year contract is also a completely separate subject than that which I have posted about here, because I'm not suggesting that Mancio, who I am a long-time fan of as a manager, should be sacked. Mancio must learn how to man-manage his players better, and Khaldoon and Soriano must figure out how to handle Mancio, or at least his public persona. If Mancio is sacked, then that means that he failed badly in his mission to achieve his targets, which would mean that you and I, and everyone else here, will be very depressed for the the next year or so. None of us wants that, least of all me.

One other thing is obvious about your reply, either English is a tenth language for you, or you really need to carefully consider what you are attempting to convey, and do a much better job of articulating that.

Ragnarok said:
Blue Heaven said:
macmanson said:
Not a Mancini out comment, but this isn't new. He's been criticizing players publicly since he first arrived. In the beginning, nobody cared because he was only doing it to players that were seen as not important. He was accused of having the exact same behavior at Inter Milan. It's poor man management in my opinion, but not everybody tries to be an arm around the shoulder manager.

Fair point about different managerial styles, and the very public criticisms of some of his players by Mancio may yield some positive short-term results (Micah, AJ, etc.), but over the long run, they are likely to have a corrosive effect on the relationship between manager and squad. If Mancio, who is an excellent tactical manager and trainer, wasn't such a disaster as a man-manager, he wouldn't feel the need to enlist the media's assistance in properly motivating some of his charges. It was widely reported at the time that when Moratti had the Inter squad polled as to whether or not they wished to see Mancio retained as manager, not a single player voted for him, let alone stood up for him, including the players he brought to the club. Losing control of the dressing room at Inter was a huge part of why he was finally sacked there. His fly-off-the-cuff answers at post-match pressers was another reason. Surely no one has forgotten how, after the CL loss to Liverpool, Mancio blew up and announced in the middle of the presser that he was quitting Inter as of the end of the Serie A season. Of course, the next day, he did a 180 and took it back. Sound familiar? (So-and-so will never play for me again...)

Look, I like the guy a lot, and he's a marvellous tactician, for the most part, but he has never been able to get along with anyone. During his long and glorious Serie A career, he openly and bitterly squabbled with referees, his own managers, and his own teammates (and players on other clubs). At Inter, he feuded with club officials and his own players, including some of his own purchases. At City, he has had problems with first Cook, then Marwood, the medical staff, and many players. If I didn't know better, I could swear that he must be the second coming of van Gaal...!!

It will be really interesting to see how Soriano deals with Mancio and his big temper. I would be stunned if he hasn't been read the riot act several times by Chaiman Khaldoon already. One other note - why doesn't the City PR staff send someone to sit in with Mancio during pressers (as "interpreter"...;-) ), or send Platt out to do some of these?

Khaldoon, Mancini and the Sheikh have an excellent relationship. This relationship played a big role in bringing Mancini to the club. The Sheikh and Khaldoon wanted someone they knew and trusted very well. None of what you speak of will affect Mancini in any way whatsoever, except maybe finishing out of top 4 or a couple of consecutive trophyless seasons.

I don't want to see Bobby sacked, and I would have to be the biggest narcissist in the world to believe that anything I might say or write, here or elsewhere, will have any effect on Mancio. So, what exactly was your point again??

Didsbury Dave said:
Blue Heaven said:
macmanson said:

It's a good post but they won't like it on here, fella. I believe Abu Dhabi know all about his strengths and weaknesses too. Khaldoon has actually said things publically about his need to "evolve".

The thing is, he can pull off his abrasive style if we keep winning things. But if things go wrong on the pitch for any length of time it will be very very difficult to turn it around.

At the moment you can't argue with his two trophies. It renders him bombproof and infallible. But he has to keep them coming.

Thanks for the advice. Having read posts in this forum for years, I knew exactly what to expect in return from some of the residents here! You know, on many other MCFC boards, this is known as "Blue Loon"...

I agree 100% with everything you've written in response. Sacking Mancio would, in the short term, be a disaster for the club, both in terms of on-pitch performance and future compliance with FPP. However, there are ongoing issues here and hope and trust that Ferran Soriano can, with the Chairman's support, adjudicate them successfully.

Blue Heaven said:
Ragnarok said:
Blue Heaven said:

Khaldoon, Mancini and the Sheikh have an excellent relationship. This relationship played a big role in bringing Mancini to the club. The Sheikh and Khaldoon wanted someone they knew and trusted very well. None of what you speak of will affect Mancini in any way whatsoever, except maybe finishing out of top 4 or a couple of consecutive trophyless seasons.

I don't want to see Bobby sacked, and I would have to be the biggest narcissist in the world to believe that anything I might say or write, here or elsewhere, will have any effect on Mancio. So, what exactly was your point again??

I did write speak of, didnt i. I didnt say what you spoke would affect Mancini, rather i said the matters you spoke of

Ragnarok said:
Blue Heaven said:
Ragnarok said:

I did write speak of, didnt i. I didnt say what you spoke would affect Mancini, rather i said the matters you spoke of

If you are asserting that failure to meet targets is the only thing that could get Mancio sacked, then, with one exception, I agree with you. The exception would be if he lost control of the dressing room.

Blue Heaven said:
Ragnarok said:
Blue Heaven said:

If you are asserting that failure to meet targets is the only thing that could get Mancio sacked, then, with one exception, I agree with you. The exception would be if he lost control of the dressing room.

I dont think even that would affect his position unless it got totally out of hand with players criticizing the manager publically.

It seems some of our posters tonight are as tetchy as Mancio right after seeing his club blow a lead late against a Mourinho-led club in a CL fixture...:-)

Blue Heaven said:
It seems some of our posters tonight are as tetchy as Mancio right after seeing his club blow a lead late against a Mourinho-led club in a CL fixture...:-)

Hahahahaha.

There was unquestionably an "undercurrent" to the game and some of the comments in the press. I'd say Mancini hates his fucking guts, and Mourinho sees him as an obstacle in the way of him getting what he covets.

Did you notice Mourinho's big pally pally handshake, then he turned round and the smile fell from his face quicker than a bag of cement?

There was more to this game than three points - for both parties.

Eccles Blue said:
I have just finished reading Luca Caioli's book about Roberto Mancini and he pulls no punches about RM's temper on the field of play and immediately afterwards but he also says that RM never bears grudges and everyone with whom he argues knows that once it is over it is over. He appears, from this book, to still be in contact with and have lots of friends from the past. RM wants to win everything and, like us, he gets uptight when it doesn't happen. That's life.

So I don't think there will be any further repurcussions between RM & JH. It is now over and done with. IMHO

Mancini bears more grudges than lonely highcourt judges. Ask Bellamy, Adebayor, Nedum how crossing Mancini worked out for them. His management style is very much 'my way or the highway'. Not that I particularly care if the trophies keep coming, but he's not building up much of a well of good will if the trophies dry up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.