Joe Hart [MERGED]

jimharri said:
leighton said:
Jimi its not just 1 mistake its now a number of mistakes he has made so far this season. A change to the keeper wouldnt be as bad as people are making it out to be. Given last year played with Kolo and Kompany in front of him along with Zab who should be our right back. It would only be Kolarov who hasnt played many games with Given.
We still stay with him, end of. I know you want Given in, with him being irish. Fair enough; I have no problem with that. All I want is the best long term prospect to be in the side and getting used to playing behind our (so-called) defence.

I will state this again it has nothing to do with nationality. Keepers arent like out field players they tend to play on into there late 30s. So long term Given could well still play on for another 4 to 5 years he keeps himself fit and stays injury free. I just think Joe isnt up to the pressure for playing for the team. The next keeper in line is Given who is Irish IF the roles were reversed I would be saying the same thing as we have 2 top class keepers at the club.

I wouldn't say it was fair to blame Hart for the loss, micromanaging the game is pointless. He probably should have been there, but it wasn't a simple fuck up. I was more concerned at Tevez looking clueless and frustrated throughout the whole game, or that Dzeko has hardly justified his transfer fee!!

leighton said:
jimharri said:
We still stay with him, end of. I know you want Given in, with him being irish. Fair enough; I have no problem with that. All I want is the best long term prospect to be in the side and getting used to playing behind our (so-called) defence.

I will state this again it has nothing to do with nationality. Keepers arent like out field players they tend to play on into there late 30s. So long term Given could well still play on for another 4 to 5 years he keeps himself fit and stays injury free. I just think Joe isnt up to the pressure for playing for the team. The next keeper in line is Given who is Irish IF the roles were reversed I would be saying the same thing as we have 2 top class keepers at the club.
Fair enough; we'll have to agree to disagree.

BulgarianPride said:
citygal1 said:
The thing with keepers like joe is, they may make a sloppy mistake but then they will go and save 4 shots destined for the back of the net, its swings and round abouts with GKS look at the best ones, shmichael(sp), grobbelar(sp) james, seaman they made some howlers but they were world class.
This lad is just a kid, hes got a long long time to develop and learn and i hope to god its with city!

I don't see how Hart can be solely blamed for the goal. Young's shot was powerful and Hart was at full stretched to reach it. The defense should of closed down the ball faster. Who ever was marking Bent fell a sleep for a second there.
That would be "man of the match" Kolarov (according to some).

I'm thinking it wouldn't do Joe any harm to have a few games on the bench. Needs to buck up a little and giving him a shock might help.

"How many times has Joe saved us this season?"
"How many times has Joe saved us this season?"
"How many times...."

Gimme a break! Ye're right, he's made some good saves.

That, people, is his (very well paid) job. That is why he was picked to start at Leicester and Aston Villa. However, he is seriously fucking up, of late - and not for the first time this season. True, Silva's wayward pass and Yaya not bothering his arse to track back were contributing factors to the Bent goal but Hart should be capable of doing better than slapping it back out to the oncoming centre forward. Certainly, he should be, if he's as great as some people are insisting.

Thing is, you're only as good as your last game and now, two of Joe's last three have been less than the standard required. I know that this is hard for the Little Englanders on board to accept but it is, rather awkwardly for them, the fact of the present situation.

I'm fairly confident that Hart will keep the jersey for the next game but anyone who can't admit that he's in the last chance saloon is seriously delusional. I'd argue too that Mancini's refusal to let Given swap places with Friedel suggests that he might agree with me.

i do actually find it quite funny how the irish supporters are wanting given to play and the english want hart to play

Sunny Coast Blue said:
Considering KOLO the clowns fooking shit pass to Silva, then failing to get back, neither Komps or Kolarov got more than a 6 for effort & hart actually made a good save from a bended shot that bounced just in front of him & he still got his hand on it, if he had left it it ma of gone in or hit the post, AK13 looked like Bridge for a moment covering Bent. Defense needs a kick up tharse.

This. Unforced, poor distribution by Toure again cost possession and led to the goal.

I think Joe needs to work on his right side. It may be just co-incidence but most of his great saves have been to his left and most of those you hoped he would have done better with have been across to his right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.