Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

Willy is 33 today. Why the heck are we replacing settled young good gk with newcomer old good gk? We could have a decade more from hart as our team backbone. And it's not as if we're replacing him with renowned world class gk! If it was, say, neuer, we wouldn't be protesting much, but willy caballero??

And that '8games in 32days' seems like weak excuse. All other top gk who play in cl do it without being rotated. Surely hart can handle that much.

Craig said:
Blue Hefner said:
I think Willy looks shit to be honest

Yeah, beyond me how he didn't save both goals yesterday.

The parry out into the box didn't fill me with confidence and he was flat footed on a couple of occasions

I also thought he was poor in the Charity Shield

It's early days and I'm hoping he turns out to be very good for us, I'm just not that optimistic

Blue Hefner said:
Craig said:
Blue Hefner said:
I think Willy looks shit to be honest

The parry out into the box didn't fill me with confidence and he was flat footed on a couple of occasions

It's early days and I'm hoping he turns out to be very good for us, I'm just not that optimistic
Unbelievable.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Blue Hefner said:
Craig said:

Unbelievable.

What exactly is 'unbelievable'?

Could you expand

nowantads said:
Willy is 33 today. Why the heck are we replacing settled young good gk with newcomer old good gk? We could have a decade more from hart as our team backbone. And it's not as if we're replacing him with renowned world class gk! If it was, say, neuer, we wouldn't be protesting much, but willy caballero??

And that '8games in 32days' seems like weak excuse. All other top gk who play in cl do it without being rotated. Surely hart can handle that much.

That was just an excuse to give to the media. He wants Caballero to be pushing Hart, doesn't want Hart to think he's safe in the job and that Caballero will only play in the domestic cups. And he wants Caballero to be ready if Hart has another bad spell. But if he says that to the media they'll distort it, make it seem like Hart is barely hanging on to the job.

Its just easier to tell the press that a player needs a rest or has a minor injury.

cibaman said:
nowantads said:

That was just an excuse to give to the media. He wants Caballero to be pushing Hart, doesn't want Hart to think he's safe in the job and that Caballero will only play in the domestic cups. And he wants Caballero to be ready if Hart has another bad spell. But if he says that to the media they'll distort it, make it seem like Hart is barely hanging on to the job.

Its just easier to tell the press that a player needs a rest or has a minor injury.

Whatever Pellegrini's reasons are, I personally think he's wrong and he's playing with fire regarding the goalkeeper rotation. Joe Hart comes across confident, sometimes even cocky but goal keepers have confidence fragilities and this will do him no good whatsoever, we could possibly suffer from this.

Like already said, Hart has been our number one for a fair few seasons now, he got the message last season when Pantilimon was put in for a spell but he's not done anything of note that justify's him being on the bench for a Premier League game.

For me your 1st choice keeper plays all the league games & European games too, Caballero will get enough game time in the domestic cups and when Hart is either injured or playing badly. I think from a defensive point of view it could be very dangerous, a settled back 4 and keeper is essential. Kompany will be more that used to having Joe behind him, surely he'd have a period of adjustment having a keeper that he's not used to behind him, different language, different approach to dealing with corners or balls over the top etc. Add to that the rotation at left back between Kolorov and Clichy, plus the introduction of Mangala and it all begins to look a bit strange in my opinion.

Manuel know's best though but I can't help but feel that it's a bit dangerous messing with your keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.