Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

I think it was pretty obvious that Pellegrini brought Willy in to replace Hart. Joe hasn't played ball and has upped his game considerably and he's close to his best form. He has made few if any mistakes and doesn't deserve to lose the No1 spot. So in that respect he has pissed on a few chips.
That said, Pellegrini must have made promises to Willy that it would be a fair fight and he's given him his chance.
Neither of them deserves to be dropped, so you would think it would come down to who is Pellegrini's favourite.
I don't think its that cut n dried. If Joe gets dropped when he hasn't made any real clangers, the English media will crucify Pellegrini.
Will he care about that ? I don't think he would, but City are another thing. We get enough bad press and the club are all too aware of potential media shitstorms.
So I think that if Willy does get the nod as No1, he will have earned it, and then some. If not, then we better batten down the hatches, because we will get absolutely fucking mullered in the press.

stony said:
I think it was pretty obvious that Pellegrini brought Willy in to replace Hart. Joe hasn't played ball and has upped his game considerably and he's close to his best form. He has made few if any mistakes and doesn't deserve to lose the No1 spot. So in that respect he has pissed on a few chips.
That said, Pellegrini must have made promises to Willy that it would be a fair fight and he's given him his chance.
Neither of them deserves to be dropped, so you would think it would come down to who is Pellegrini's favourite.
I don't think its that cut n dried. If Joe gets dropped when he hasn't made any real clangers, the English media will crucify Pellegrini.
Will he care about that ? I don't think he would, but City are another thing. We get enough bad press and the club are all too aware of potential media shitstorms.
So I think that if Willy does get the nod as No1, he will have earned it, and then some. If not, then we better batten down the hatches, because we will get absolutely fucking mullered in the press.
Enter Richard

stony said:

We are damned if we do and we are damned if we don't. The England national side is no longer my concern and I don't care if our No1 comes from Outer Mongolia as long as he is the right fit for City.

stony said:

You would think if it came to a straight choice then Hart's age and nationality would work strongly in his favour (assuming their form was similar). I think you're right when you say Pellegrini must've given Caballero some assurances that he'd get a chance though, otherwise he might not have agreed to the move.

What I've seen so far, hart . He has had some good performances, but the fact caballero will always have a chance of starting will only benefit hart imo. Will motivate him

Hart has a greater presence in goal, Caballero hasn't really had much of a chance to show his shot-stopping skills from what I've seen, but he's definitely less intimidating a prospect for attackers. Loving his distribution though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.