Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

sam-caddick said:
I think some of you are writing off/ underrating Caballero already.

This is a new club for him and his first season in a country that doesn't speak Spanish, I fully believe if he can start replicating his Malaga form he will really be hard to not be picked for the first XI in my opinion.

I remember watching Fernandinho around this time last season and was questioning him, how wrong was I!

I think Pellegrini might give Caballero a run of games in the league and then go from there as I really don't see how he can compare him from cup games.

I never ever questioned Ferna.......

But if JH had let that first goal in vs Arse in the CS people on here would have criticised him big time

southamptonblue said:
WC has never played for his country (blessed with such crap keepers their top two in the world cup were on loan at their clubs!).......for a very good reason ;)

Willy doesn't play for Argentina because he doesn't comply with the present selection criteria - I.e. You have to be mates with Messi.

Hart, but he knows that one big mistake and Caballero is waiting to take his spot. Hopefully this will push him on to recapture his 2011/12 form or even better.

Hart starts. Willy will get the cup games and see how he gets on. I think with Hart we have a keeper who will get stronger this year. I think we will see the best of him. He knows he isn't undropable and last season was the kick up the arose he needed. I think the backbone of the team will remain the same. Hart , Zaba , Kompany , Silva , Yaya and Kun when fit will play.

JH has to start!

His form at the end of the season was superb and on that basis alone, he should begin the season as 1st choice....crazy to suggest otherwise IMO.

Caballero has had all pre season and the CS match to show he is an upgrade on Hart and he just hasn't done that. Some of the goals he's conceded Hart would have been slaughtered for on here. The gloves are Joe's but he knows if he lets his performance drop he will get dropped which is good for him to have in his mind.

Hart should be number 1 but Caballero will really pressure him. Caballero knows what is expected of him as a sweeper in the side to cover the ball over the top. That is one of his real strengths and is something Hart needs to get better at in order for us to be settled defensively. To play the high line you need to have a keeper who can read the game and who is good on the ball under pressure to pass to a team mate. Vieira recently said Neuer wasn't born with that ability but has trained hard to learn how to do it, and he is getting our younger players used to that kind of football. Hart got better last season but he still gets caught in two minds quite often as to whether to come for the ball or stay in goal. I think Hart is the better shot stopper though and should start for now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.