Joe Hart to retire at the end of 2023-24 season

His debut was a couple years before that when Sven was manager. The Spurs game was when he returned to City after a full season on loan at Birmingham and there was some debate over whether Joe or Shay Given would be first choice - a debate that was pretty much over after that 90 minutes!
I remember being at Spurs for the first game of the season. It ended up 0-0, and Super Joey Hart definitelty saved us that day!
All the best to him, and I for one have nothing but fond memories!

On his best dy he was Head amd Shoulders above most keepers around at that time. I wish him every success in whatever he does next (unless it's as a coach for one of our rivals of course).
Its fair to say he was in good Condition years ago, now he looks a bit Washed Out?

First of many fantastic decisions from Pep fucking him off at the first opportunity. Had a few miraculous games, Spurs away in the League, Barca and Dortmund at home in Europe, outside of that he was limited and vastly overrated. He couldn't do what Ederson does in a million years!

Great keeper for us.

I remember the friendly in Iceland maybe the or one of Peps first games. Pep kept telling him to play it out and he just kept banging it long. Maybe he had already been told he was off but I thought it was odd behaviour and I think that may have put off some clubs going for him.

i don’t think badly treated just a change of style. Richard Dunne holds that accolade he was bombed out.

I remember that friendly, Pep reacted as I used to when he used to belt endless long balls to Aguero that just went straight to the opposition. The camera panned to him after the ball sailed out of play and his face said everything about Joe Harts career prospects at City under Guardiola

Monumental GK for us - his performances and record stratospheric. For England, when Joe and Neuer's international careers were overlapping - both having then played 70-odd games, Joe had a better clean sheet record. Neuer played behind one of the best defences and midfields to ever walk this planet. Joe played behind an England side that for many years during his international career was average at best so to have a better clean sheet record than Neuer is monumental. For some reason the press never pick up on that. He made a microscopically small number of mistakes for England but the press blew them out of proportion. Then you have Pickford - regularly makes big errors for England (some good saves in between though). In the all-time clean sheet records he is right at the top - his record is better than Shilton, Seaman the lot. Shilton and Seaman played behind decent England defences. And before anyone says 'More minnows now' - Seaman's career encompasses the era of the break up of various parts of eastern Europe.

So, Joe, you are a colossal GK - able to make saves other GKs cannot make. Thanks for everything!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.