Joe Hart to retire at the end of 2023-24 season

There is no pleasure in telling others what happened. I told one other on here via a private message at the time. I was shocked and didn't want to cause an issue so never said it publicly. But it certainly happened and Joe let him self down that day for whatever reason.

Clearly during his City career he was a class act, I worshipped him like tens of thousands of others but that little incident left a sour taste.
But you did anyway ;-)

What is it Joe Hart is actually supposed to have done that you are actually so disappointed with him for as all I can read so far is that he was in a pub when Liverpool beat City in 2019.

Genuinely curious to what it was that your daughter and her boyfriend claim to have witnessed and what was the outcome after said boyfriend confronted Joe Hart.

But you did anyway ;-)

What is it Joe Hart is actually supposed to have done that you are actually so disappointed with him for as all I can read so far is that he was in a pub when Liverpool beat City in 2019.

Genuinely curious to what it was that your daughter and her boyfriend claim to have witnessed and what was the outcome after said boyfriend confronted Joe Hart.

Odd he was still "celebrating" when the two massive blues got back from the game, and went out "celebrating" themselves, in a pub he/she can't name too.

One of my favourite City players of the modern era.

And with all due respect to any off field issues people have with him, he played out his entire prime with us.

He became England number 1 with us.

He put his ego aside when he got dropped in 2013/14, won his place back and won a title for us.

He carried us on some nights in the UCL.

That means far much more to me. Judge them on the pitch. Remember his reaction when he got chanted off the field in his last game at City. That's what counts.

My favourite City keeper of all time and one of the greatest goalkeepers the English game has ever seen. Despite all we've achieved with Ederson, Joey never got the praise Eddie does which means he feels more like our little secret. Obviously he played loads of games for England but his reputation these days is that he's been a busted flush for longer than he was any good and we all know that's not true. As has been mentioned already, those games against Spurs, Dortmund, and Barca will live long in the memory, and those saves against Swansea and Everton as well. What I've not seen mentioned yet are the saves he made at Villa Park on the way to the title in 2012 - we won the game 1-0 thanks to his heroics late on.

2x PL winner, 2x League Cup winner, 1x FA Cup winner; 2x SPL winner, 2x Scottish League Cup winner, 1x Scottish Cup winner; 2x Premier League TOTY nominee, Man City POTY 2011 winner, 4x PL Golden Glove winner. 700+ career appearances, 75 England caps. Those sort of stats used to make sure players were considered true legends of the game by all when they retired. Sadly, because of the way the world and football are now in the age of social media, it's only City fans who'll look back on his career with the fondness and respect it deserves. A proper City legend who's welcome back for a round of applause any day. Wouldn't mind bringing him back in as a coach when Scott Carson decides his time with the club is up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.