Joe Hart to retire at the end of 2023-24 season

Liew just been asked best or even worse memory of joe hart
the bitter bastard said the torino game where the ball was crossed over his head into the goal
what about celabration when city won league
well there was that as well

Good enough for me, mate
There is no pleasure in telling others what happened. I told one other on here via a private message at the time. I was shocked and didn't want to cause an issue so never said it publicly. But it certainly happened and Joe let him self down that day for whatever reason.

Clearly during his City career he was a class act, I worshipped him like tens of thousands of others but that little incident left a sour taste.

Tottenham, away, first match of the 2010/11 season. He was phenomenal that day.

And his best individual save? Against Swansea.

All the best in your retirement, Joe. You are a true club legend in my eyes.
I really rate his save vs Everton in 2013/14. Absolutely critical. That was also the game when Dzeko lay dead for 6+ minutes

Great keeper at his peak, sadly his attitude and the way he left will damage his legacy somewhat.

Mancini, Pellegrini and Pep all had issues with him, it will be interesting what Joe says in the coming years as to why.

Despite a very difficult period when his career nosedived he can look back with great pride in what he achieved.

Hopefully he can be welcomed back at the club at sometime but I doubt that will happen anytime soon while Pep and Txiki are around.

Fair play to him retiring at 36 when he still feels in good shape. Too many go on for too long.

He’s had an amazing career and whilst he was prone to the odd howler (which keeper isn’t though?) fantastic servant to the club and wish him all the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.