Joe Hart to retire at the end of 2023-24 season

A true hero of the first title winning side that the vast majority of us can remember.

Weird how he seemed to drop off at an age when most ‘keepers are hitting their peak.

But really pleased he managed to find a club to go out on a high with, when it looked for a while like he was doomed to travelling around being back up to ‘keepers who couldn’t lace his boots in his heyday.

Hope he has a long and happy retirement.

Always be remembered at City as a key figure in the rise to greatness.

One of his best performances, for me, was away at the red bin dippers in 2007-2008
Tottenham, away, first match of the 2010/11 season. He was phenomenal that day.

And his best individual save? Against Swansea.

All the best in your retirement, Joe. You are a true club legend in my eyes.

Best wishes to Joe, he was an important part of our journey and just didn’t have the ability to play Pep’s way, but he has been a great goalkeeper for us.

Loved Joe at City, he’s a legend for me and always will be .. I wish him well, he would be a good pundit too, unlike the red scum stealing a living …!!

Actually, there was a clip on Youtube, now taken down sadly, in which he was in with Souness, Neville, Keane etc, for post-match commentary on a derby match. and he literally sat there without opening his mouth. The comments underneath were amongst the funniest, if not the funniest, I've ever read on Youtube. Usually they are worthless, granted. They were absolute comedy gold. I watched it several times, and I could never get through to the end, because my sides were hurting so much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.