Joe Hart to retire at the end of 2023-24 season

Just watched, for the umpteenth time, commemoratively, as it were, the 93:20 documentary, and that final hug between Hart and Clichy, and it doesn't matter how many times I see it, there'll always be tears in the corner of my eyes by the end.
They can do whatever the hell they like. We may win the case against the PL. We may lose it. We may have the 115 thrown out. Or not. They can relegate us to the Conference if they like.
They can never, ever, ever take that moment of pure ecstasy away from my life.

Before my time, mate. Just looked him up on Wiki. You'll have to explain the connection with saying “soccer”, I'm afraid. I just don't get it.
Remember my grandad and dad calling it soccer back in the 70s, they’d talk about soccer players or rugby players. Seems to have fallen out of use in England now and is associated with being american, but it wasn’t. Maybe still commonly used in Glasgow.

Before my time, mate. Just looked him up on Wiki. You'll have to explain the connection with saying “soccer”, I'm afraid. I just don't get it.
He conceded nine goals when playing for Scotland against England at Wembley in 1961. At the time, Scotland were highly competitive against England and, indeed, were only losing by 5-3 with 12 minutes to play. Haffey got most of the blame for the 9-3 defeat and never played for Scotland again.

This was the origin of the legend that Scottish goalkeers were rubbish.

Just watched, for the umpteenth time, commemoratively, as it were, the 93:20 documentary, and that final hug between Hart and Clichy, and it doesn't matter how many times I see it, there'll always be tears in the corner of my eyes by the end.
They can do whatever the hell they like. We may win the case against the PL. We may lose it. We may have the 115 thrown out. Or not. They can relegate us to the Conference if they like.
“i used to be 6’2” tall with curly hair, look what it’s done to me”

Never tire of watching any video to do with that game. I was there and never really knew what actually happened it was a blurr.

I watch them and always punch the air when Aguero scores the winner.

Undoubtedly the greatest moment in the whole history of football.

Never tire of watching any video to do with that game.

Wonder if you know the extremely beautiful and moving video posted on Youtube by Mishka Henner, and featuring his dad? The title is Manchester City Champions 2012. The soundtrack to it is Cowboy Junkies' perfect version of Blue Moon.
You probably know it already. Anybody who doesn't should watch it. It says it all.

(Incidentally, they both feature in the 93:20 documentary, in the Fans part).

Last edited:
When I was at school we used both football and soccer. Never thought anything of it until we started to hear more about football from America when I was in my 20’s. Then they started saying soccer for our football and we said American football for theirs!

For me I’ll never forget the utterly surreal noise -I’ve never heard anything like it -the utter disbelief in the Stadium I suppose -not like a normal Goal Celebration -it was absolutely fantastic and never to be repeated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.