Joe Hart to retire at the end of 2023-24 season

Can't deny what he has contributed at City and he has for the most part fufilled his overall potential. It was the for the best to move him despite the earlier minor issues under Pep.

It’s nice to read such positive posts on here about Joe, rather than some of the shite that’s previously been posted by dicks about him “stinking the place out”. He was a magnificent keeper for us and at first I didn’t understand why Pep wanted him out (I get that now of course). But Joe never spat his dummy out and I’ve never heard him bad mouth our club. He is a City legend, one of the very best shot stoppers I’ve ever seen, and I’m an FOC. Hope he gets more tv appearances, although the fact he never bad mouths us won’t count in his favour

He probably wouldn’t have been Guardiola’s idea of a ‘keeper, even at his peak.

But it was only a matter of time whoever took over, unfortunately. He was on a downward spiral for whatever reason. Pellegrini had left him out for a spell already and Euro 2016 pretty much finished him off at the top level.

Shame it couldn’t have lasted a bit longer but nothing can take away those glory years that he contributed to as much as anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.