Joe Hart & Xabier Mancisidor (Goalkeeping coach)

Since he got dropped he's been on an upward curve. It gave him a kick up the backside which he admits has helped him improve as a keeper.

Regarding your post above, he was dropped directly after that incident with Nasty.

A lot of people both fans and pundits have made comments referring to Joe Harts recent decline in ability, after the league winning side of 2011/12 Joe looked immense, he knew when to collect crosses and corners, he timed his closing down Schmeichel esq and commanded his area really well, the season after his confidence was shot and some allege rumours of him taking a dislike to Mancini was a main vocal point of his dip in performance's on the pitch!
Manuel steps in and brings in this new Goalkeeping coach Mancisidor whom he had at Madrid and Malaga, all of a sudden we see this Joe Hart that punches instead of collecting the ball, a Joe Hart who's positioning on set pieces is questionable at times, his general positioning being on his right hand side leaving his left wide open, the occasional fumble and mistimed/early closing down....

Now maybe Mancisidor isn't to blame for these peculiar developments in Joe Harts game but I did tend to notice the time he (Mancisidor) was at Madrid was roughly when Casillas started making ill time judgements and his game started taking the turn for the worse, punching the ball when he should collect, positioning faults and stupid runs off his line... I was always adamant that Hart's training had changed compared to when Mancini was here and just stumbling on this (coincidental?) fact just made me think if what he's been trained/told to do is the best thing for him as going back 4 years instead of improving his game it's declined, although shot stopping and reflexes are the only things that haven't eluded him.

I'm quite surprised by the timing of this post. I think Joe's coming off arguably his second best season for us, after 2011/12. This is reflected in him winning the Golden Glove, and being on a three man shortlist for our player of the season.

He had a bit of a dip in 2013, but I think last season he was excellent. His performance in the Nou Camp was one of the best goal keeping performances I've ever seen. The only ones that come close were Spurs in the first game of 2010 and Dortmund at home a few years back.

Neuer is the best in the world, but other than on the deck, I don't think there's a great deal between him and Hart. Neuer's been playing in better teams, and I'm sure Neuer's form would take a dip if he was playing behind the kamikaze defending we've had in the last 2 years.

The only criticism I've got of Hart's game is his distribution. It used to be superb, but I think Capello made him frightened to death of giving the ball away, and now he's far too cautious. He's got excellent technique on kick outs and throws, it's just sometimes his decision making is off.

Who actually thinks Joe has declined in recent years? Every keeper makes a mistake here and there as does every other player on the pitch. Theirs are simply magnified. There are areas of his game that can be improved, but some flaws simply can't be fixed.

Man, the backseat chairmen on the forums this summer... keep expecting to wake up one morning to a thread about how the kitmen should be doing their job differently or how the travel coordinator is scheduling unacceptable departure times.

I still dont understand why he's not held in the same regard as the other greats of this generation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.