joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim of the Oak said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
With Hart I think it's now all about him being able to match everyones expectations, not just at club level... but he's also regarded as the best keeper England has got.

Keepers get better with age. Why? Because of experience. Take someone like Buffon or Casillas. Both been in the game for donkeys years and played at every level you can possibly list. They know what to do in every situation, rarely putting a foot wrong. Alot of people seem to be under the impression that keepers have a relatively simple job, but it's the complete opposite. It's worth keeping in mind that Hart is still only 26, a keeper doesn't even get to his peak until his 30s.

Years ago Hart was great because he was underrated, around the time he was on loan at Birmingham even, oozed in confidence as no one really expected much. This is why I was never all that keen on letting Given go. Man Utd have the same problem with De Gea, the lad is a f*cking donkey in goal.

There was even more questions when Platt said that he and Mancini were going to let him go. Same cropping up again with the latest Valdes reports. You've just got to wait it out with keepers, especially one as good as Hart. Certainly know what he's capable of but in early years it could be costly. Though whoever has him in his 30s is really going to get the best out of him. Lack of experience showed during the Euro's and Pirlo made a right mug of him. Some people throw the word 'arrogant' about, I think it's just high expectations on such a young keeper. As I said, 26 is not old for a goalkeeper, not at top flight level.

Casillas was world class at 21 so there goes your 26 reference point.

I agree that Joe had little chance with at least 2 of the goals on Sunday. However Pantsust wonder if he is ever going to get a chance in the league

Joe needs a top game against Bayern now. I also think he should knock the Head and Shoulders adverts in the head because Joe's greed is doing nothing for his reputation.

So our other players are allowed to be "greedy" and do adverts but Joe isn't, when they equally make mistakes and have underperformed in the last year?

I think City would welcome the fact they have an England international in UK adverts as it raises his and our profile in the process.

Every player needs a top game against Bayern. It's easy to point the finger at the goalie when the ball goes in the net but in reality most of the time he's having to make a rescue attempt to stop a clear chance because someone's messed up in front of him, that is how it tends to happen against us because that's the only real way for a team to get chances against us, through our own mistakes.

Bayern will be different because they are such a good team I see Joe getting tested a lot more often, and I think like Dortmund last year he'll put in a sensational performance. The difficulty for him is having to make that rescue attempt once or twice a match or just being left for dead because of an error. He has made errors and lost concentration but I was never comfortable with the lack of progress he seemed to make under the previous GK coach and I hope the new guy makes a difference. In the past few days I've seen Begovic have another poor game, Valdes do his usual of flapping about at anything that isn't a reflex save and Casillas couldn't dislodge Diego Lopez in their derby game.

So all in all none of the alternatives have proven their so much better than Joe and Joe has a lot in his favour.

It would be one of those "What the fuck were we thinking?" moments if we got rid, and those should stay where they belong, the 90's.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Tim of the Oak said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
With Hart I think it's now all about him being able to match everyones expectations, not just at club level... but he's also regarded as the best keeper England has got.

Keepers get better with age. Why? Because of experience. Take someone like Buffon or Casillas. Both been in the game for donkeys years and played at every level you can possibly list. They know what to do in every situation, rarely putting a foot wrong. Alot of people seem to be under the impression that keepers have a relatively simple job, but it's the complete opposite. It's worth keeping in mind that Hart is still only 26, a keeper doesn't even get to his peak until his 30s.

Years ago Hart was great because he was underrated, around the time he was on loan at Birmingham even, oozed in confidence as no one really expected much. This is why I was never all that keen on letting Given go. Man Utd have the same problem with De Gea, the lad is a f*cking donkey in goal.

There was even more questions when Platt said that he and Mancini were going to let him go. Same cropping up again with the latest Valdes reports. You've just got to wait it out with keepers, especially one as good as Hart. Certainly know what he's capable of but in early years it could be costly. Though whoever has him in his 30s is really going to get the best out of him. Lack of experience showed during the Euro's and Pirlo made a right mug of him. Some people throw the word 'arrogant' about, I think it's just high expectations on such a young keeper. As I said, 26 is not old for a goalkeeper, not at top flight level.

I agree that Joe had little chance with at least 2 of the goals on Sunday. However Pantsust wonder if he is ever going to get a chance in the league

Joe needs a top game against Bayern now. I also think he should knock the Head and Shoulders adverts in the head because Joe's greed is doing nothing for his reputation.

So our other players are allowed to be "greedy" and do adverts but Joe isn't, when they equally make mistakes and have underperformed in the last year?

I think City would welcome the fact they have an England international in UK adverts as it raises his and our profile in the process.

Every player needs a top game against Bayern. It's easy to point the finger at the goalie when the ball goes in the net but in reality most of the time he's having to make a rescue attempt to stop a clear chance because someone's messed up in front of him, that is how it tends to happen against us because that's the only real way for a team to get chances against us, through our own mistakes.

Bayern will be different because they are such a good team I see Joe getting tested a lot more often, and I think like Dortmund last year he'll put in a sensational performance. The difficulty for him is having to make that rescue attempt once or twice a match or just being left for dead because of an error. He has made errors and lost concentration but I was never comfortable with the lack of progress he seemed to make under the previous GK coach and I hope the new guy makes a difference. In the past few days I've seen Begovic have another poor game, Valdes do his usual of flapping about at anything that isn't a reflex save and Casillas couldn't dislodge Diego Lopez in their derby game.

So all in all none of the alternatives have proven their so much better than Joe and Joe has a lot in his favour.

It would be one of those "What the fuck were we thinking?" moments if we got rid, and those should stay where they belong, the 90's.

I am not saying get rid of Joe and I want him to be a big success. However, he needs to improve a d several times this year he has let in 3 goals without making a save of note. Clearly, he has had little chance with most of the goals but Joe has let in too many considering how few chances we concede.

On the point of greed, fans of other clubs have said to me how greedy Joe is for appearing in more adverts. It hardly intimates the opponent strikers knowing that we have Head n Shoders in goal so there may well be an impact
on results after all.

In terms of form, if this has nothing to do with selection the. Why have 3 keepers in the squad. Pants must feel he has no cha fe of getting a game. If Joe needs a new goalkeeping coach to get motivated the be needs to buck his ideas up. No doubt some org will come up with the chestnut Joe's form suffered because Mancini did t kiss his arse!!

Tim of the Oak said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Tim of the Oak said:

I am not saying get rid of Joe and I want him to be a big success. However, he needs to improve a d several times this year he has let in 3 goals without making a save of note. Clearly, he has had little chance with most of the goals but Joe has let in too many considering how few chances we concede.

On the point of greed, fans of other clubs have said to me how greedy Joe is for appearing in more adverts. It hardly intimates the opponent strikers knowing that we have Head n Shoders in goal so there may well be an impact
on results after all.

In terms of form, if this has nothing to do with selection the. Why have 3 keepers in the squad. Pants must feel he has no cha fe of getting a game. If Joe needs a new goalkeeping coach to get motivated the be needs to buck his ideas up. No doubt some org will come up with the chestnut Joe's form suffered because Mancini did t kiss his arse!!

Do you really believe what you've just written? If Lukaku gets a chance on Saturday, during that split second moment when players react, will he be thinking 'I've got a chance here, this guy does adverts on the TV'? Complete and utter garbage.

ManCitizens. said:
Tim of the Oak said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

on results after all.

Do you really believe what you've just written? If Lukaku gets a chance on Saturday, during that split second moment when players react, will he be thinking 'I've got a chance here, this guy does adverts on the TV'? Complete and utter garbage.
This made me laugh

The decline of Joe worries me. Last season and for some of this season he's went backwards compared to his first 2 seasons after the takeover. Can only think of Andy King's goal and when Vinnie got sent off against Wolves as blunders. Villa's winner, Ajax's both goals at the Etihad etc etc. I hope he regains form.

Joe needs to up his game.

Keeper is the most important single role in my opinion. One mistake leads to a goal. We are aiming high now and need a top class/world class keeper. If Joe doesn't up his game we will have to start trying other options.

The adverts aren't about greed. They are all about making money. It just seems a little naff him being in adverts like that.

Tim of the Oak said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Tim of the Oak said:

on results after all.

Have you seen how many adverts Sergio has appeared in over the past 12 months,including travelling back to his native country to shoot these adverts ? You conveniently forget that this will have to be passed by the Club first,before permission is granted.
A very weak argument and Joe has certainly showed he is head and shoulders above you.

Joe is still our number 1, he has made a few blunders of late but show me a keeper that hasn't.
I don't think dropping him is the right decision, if his confidence is low now, could you imagine how low it would be if he were to get dropped, plus I've not seen enough of Pants to think he is any better, sometimes it's better the devil you know.
I hope he regains his form and his confidence and remains City's no 1.
On a separate issue, I watched Frazer Foster for Celtic last night and on that showing Joes England place could be at serious risk.

ManCitizens. said:

hehe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.