Joe Harts Kicking

St Ives blue said:
Joe's kicking was definitely poor today.
Does anyone know why the Spurs fans were constantly booing him? A poor excuse, but maybe this affected his kicking?
My mates were telling me it was because either the spurs fans thought he was time wasting or constantly knocking it into Row Z, hitting fans.

Marvin said:
I know the rags are out to play, but this must be one of the most stupid topics on Bluemoon for some time.

1) Look at the goals against column, and just think back all of 4 days to the Wigan game where Hart made a match-winning save

2) His kicking is usually very very accurate for a keeper.

His distribution is nowhere near as clever as van der sar or buffon (they could make attacks with clever throws/kicks) and he is making no effort to improve on his flaws.

He's very good but he could improve and it looks like its his own arrogance holding him back. Also the best save of late by a city keeper was Panti on Mata.

kp789 said:
kippaxchris said:
kp789 said:
Really? His distribution is far superior than any city keeper that I can remember seeing.

Pantilimon clearly has better distribution
Obviously not. His distribution against Chelsea was dire. Hart's is superior.
Distributionis not a great part of his game but then we saw some very good parts of his game, the save from Mata for example.

He made 2 bad kicks against Chelsea but Hart does plenty every game

NQCitizen said:
Marvin said:
I know the rags are out to play, but this must be one of the most stupid topics on Bluemoon for some time.

1) Look at the goals against column, and just think back all of 4 days to the Wigan game where Hart made a match-winning save

2) His kicking is usually very very accurate for a keeper.

His distribution is nowhere near as clever as van der sar or buffon (they could make attacks with clever throws/kicks) and he is making no effort to improve on his flaws.

He's very good but he could improve and it looks like its his own arrogance holding him back. Also the best save of late by a city keeper was Panti on Mata.

I don't think there was one part of that which was true.

A) How do YOU know the effort that he puts into all aspects of his game? What inside knowledge do you have?

B) How do YOU know that he's 'arrogant' or that this 'holds him back'?

C) Harts' save from Di Santo on Wednesday and his block on Walker yesterday were both outstanding pieces of goalkeeping.

foxy said:
Given was much worse at kicking

True enough.

Overall, I am a bit mixed about Hart. On his day, he is capable of wonder save after wonder save and looks every bit like the best keeper in the world.

But he is inconsistent, and too often I find myself thinking "could he not have done better with that, or kept that out".

Bobbies Black Bins said:
He's slow to come for balls, very suspect at corners and free kicks, very weak on his left hand side and his kicking is the worst in any goalkeeper in the prem.

Why does every kick go down the left 3 yards from the touchline?

I'd give Costel the shirt from now till the end of the season.
Very surprised anyone would think this of Hart. Agreed his kicking distribution needs work, but by no means the worst in Prem. I'd assume that at corners it's he's under orders to leave the cross to hid defenders in their zones. Hart again for third season running will get the golden gloves for most clean sheets in Prem, a long way ahead of any other goalkeeper in the Prem.

I don't think a lot of people understand why Hart is told to put a lot of his kicks to the touchline.

Years ago, when kicking wasn't much of an issue, before the back pass law, most goalkeepers would just routinely boot the ball as far they could, straight down the middle and let the forwards fight for it. More often than not it was won by the centre halfs and even if the forward got the flick on, it would usually end up been picked up by another defender or their goalkeeper.

I can remember been at Derby one year when Peter Shilton was adopting the tactic now used by City and I heard a bloke say with amazement, Shilton is actually passing the ball with his kicks and not just hoofing it.

What Shilton was doing and what Hart now does is kick the ball flat so if it reaches its target, the player has a chance to control the ball, with the defender still behind him and not just hope for an aimless flick on to nobody, which happens more often than not with a big, high hoof down the middle.

Of course when you are aiming for a target a yard or two from the touchline, you are going to over hit some and give a throw in away. But a throw in to the oppostion in their own half is not such a bad offensive position when you have time to squeeze up and close down the opposition before they take it. And it is definately preferable to giving up possesion in the centre of the field, which happens a good percentage of the time from a lump down the middle.

Eggsy said:
Bobbies Black Bins said:
He's slow to come for balls, very suspect at corners and free kicks, very weak on his left hand side and his kicking is the worst in any goalkeeper in the prem.

Why does every kick go down the left 3 yards from the touchline?

I'd give Costel the shirt from now till the end of the season.
Very surprised anyone would think this of Hart. Agreed his kicking distribution needs work, but by no means the worst in Prem. I'd assume that at corners it's he's under orders to leave the cross to hid defenders in their zones. Hart again for third season running will get the golden gloves for most clean sheets in Prem, a long way ahead of any other goalkeeper in the Prem.
Many forget this, it seems to go under the radar

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.