Joe Royle - has he been acknowledged enough?

Fuckinell it’s his job, was treated unfairly (in his eyes). No affinity with the club so was probably advised to take legal action, doesn’t mean he’s a twat.
Yep - let's leave believing that the club we support can do no wrong to the dippers

I don't remember all his signings but I do remember thinking as we bought them that one after another they were all players from lower leagues or players that couldn't get a start in the selling clubs games. We then we're playing in the PL with a team that were mostly reserve team level. I don't know if it was arrogance on his part believing that his coaching would improve them. Whatever, it didn't and we got relegated twice. Even in the third division he could only get a team promoted by scraping through the play offs. There were some great occasions but let's not get carried away by a belief that he was special.

I don't remember all his signings but I do remember thinking as we bought them that one after another they were all players from lower leagues or players that couldn't get a start in the selling clubs games. We then we're playing in the PL with a team that were mostly reserve team level. I don't know if it was arrogance on his part believing that his coaching would improve them. Whatever, it didn't and we got relegated twice. Even in the third division he could only get a team promoted by scraping through the play offs. There were some great occasions but let's not get carried away by a belief that he was special.

Agreed.He has mainly Dickov to thank for his time as manager at City,because if that hadn't happened he would have slipped away,hidden for a while as a complete failure.

I do thank him for what did happen,and also recognise he used to play for us,but when you see the pictures of him chewing his fingers to the bone at Goodison last few games of the season,you soon realise he was never one of ours,and for that reason will only be remembered in despatches.

Don’t agree at all, the two promotions were incredible with the shower of shit he inherited.

Frank Clarke didn’t get sacked for nothing.

It isn’t always the case that relegated teams should be entitled to bounce straight back and coming through the play offs isn’t relevant he still got us promoted. We were the bigs boys in town and everyone raised their game every other week.

Don’t think he had a huge budget once we arrived back in the premier league. Mainly signed players nobody else wanted.

Agreed.He has mainly Dickov to thank for his time as manager at City,because if that hadn't happened he would have slipped away,hidden for a while as a complete failure.

I do thank him for what did happen,and also recognise he used to play for us,but when you see the pictures of him chewing his fingers to the bone at Goodison last few games of the season,you soon realise he was never one of ours,and for that reason will only be remembered in despatches.
You can look at it the other side on Dickov, his best season for us he scored 10 goals. Admittedly a very significant one. If he had been a decent striker instead of a headless chicken we would not have been in the third division.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.