Joe's face

JH only looks a bit silly as they buried most of their penalties. Pirlo makes him look silly especially. It`s a lottery and he did what he could do to put them off within the rules. It did not work out as they were so good. Move on.

Blue>Red said:
are we really slagging off our own keeper for not saving a penalty, REALLY?
That is how desperate some England fans have become I'm afraid. They need to admit we are not good enough to win the WC or Euros, especially with most other nations miles ahead of us technical-wise - passing, ball retention etc. That will only change if youngsters are taught the right way & we produce players who can pass the ball & the odd technically special player like Charlton, Hoddle or Gascoigne which you need to win major international tournaments.

Skashion said:
eshiers1 said:
Usually Hart is very good at saving penalties and has saved many throughout his City career.

Has he? I've always been of the opinion he's not that great with penalties. The Fabregas one, the save against (Fulham?) late last season is all I can remember?

timschaefer86 said:
Skashion said:
eshiers1 said:
Usually Hart is very good at saving penalties and has saved many throughout his City career.

Has he? I've always been of the opinion he's not that great with penalties. The Fabregas one, the save against (Fulham?) late last season is all I can remember?
Joe is quality but a little over hyped.

Love how before that penalty shootout he was the best in the world and because he let in 4 penalties he is now average. I'm backing Joe to break the Premier League clean sheet record this upcoming season which is currently 21 held jointly by Petr Cech and Van Der Saar.

The cookie monster said:
eshiers1 said:
Skashion said:
I think it is fair to expect an excellent keeper to save at least one penalty in a penalty shootout, so yes, poor performance for the penalties in an otherwise solid keeping performance.

which one did you expect him to save yesterday??

2 were right in the corner

pirlo's unsaveable

the 4th sent him the wrong way
Exactly.

The mind boggles at some folk on here.

In fact, it was only Joe's performance through the match which made the penalty shoot-out possible

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.